Professional Development Coordinator
OASW continues to expand and deliver exceptional education opportunities that support competency and professional development of social workers across the province. Our increased focus on professional development provides relevant and timely learning opportunities for Ontario social workers while adding value for our 7300+ members. We are looking for a full-time Professional Development Coordinator to join our team to support the implementation of this exciting program. If you are a collaborative and engaging individual, we want to hear from you.
OASW is the voice of the social work profession in Ontario. We are focused on expanding awareness of the value of social workers and building relationships that foster engagement with current and future practitioners to strengthen the wide-ranging field of Social Work and the Association.
Planning and Delivery of Learning Opportunities (50%)
- Work with a collaborative team to launch new OASW professional development opportunities including online courses and webinars.
- Provide planning support for professional development opportunities including registration, budgeting, marketing, and sponsorship coordination.
- Support the development, implementation, communication, and monitoring of education policies and procedures.
- Liaison for general inquiries from vendors, stakeholders and partners of OASW education initiatives
- Compile learning evaluations and prepare post-session reports.
Recruitment and Learner Support (30%)
- Support and monitor marketing and promotion efforts of professional development offerings through social media, web, and relationship-building with stakeholders
- Maintain spreadsheets related to education offerings and work within different systems to ensure we have accurate and timely records using tools such as Excel
- Prepare enrollment statistic reports, on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
Technical Support (20%)
- Provide operational support for synchronous and asynchronous professional development offerings
- Support learners with technical support and ensure exceptional learning experiences.
- BSW minimum or equivalent, with a preference for those with a BSW or MSW and registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar role within a non-profit organization, education, or association level work
- Experience supporting online learning or training offered via a Learning Management System (e.g., Moodle, Brightspace) or webcasting programs (e.g., Zoom, GoToWebinar)
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Bilingual in French/English is a large asset
- Strong commitment to equity, inclusion, diversity, and accessibility
- Demonstrated success in working well with people and teams and the ability to build positive relationships with faculty, learners, and stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to facilitate and plan meetings
- Excellent technical skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office and web-based applications (e.g., Content Management Systems)
- Adaptability/flexibility and collaborative teamwork
- Ability to work in a virtual environment and travel regularly to the main office in Toronto.
These positions report to the Project Director of Professional Development and Research.
To apply, send your cover letter & resume to HR@oasw.org
More search results
DIRECTOR, COUNSELLING SERVICES
Family Service Thames Valley
Individual and Family Therapist
Lumenus Community Services
Program Officer, Intake and Case Support
Home and Community Care Support Services South West
Disability Consultant (Term)
University of Toronto, Scarborough