Central ON Resource Centre Director
JOB POSTING: Central ON Resource Centre Director
Full-Time, Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
- an experienced social worker with a client-centred approach?
- interested in working from home for a growing national charity?
- organized, resourceful and adaptable?
Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). Our passionate and collaborative Family Services team is in search of a Resource Centre Director (RCD) who can provide support and education to individuals, families, and professionals in Halton/Peel, Hamilton, Niagara and St-Catherines regions. This position reports to the National Director, Family Services.
- Provides ongoing support to individuals, groups, carers, and families affected by HD via phone, email, videoconference and home visits
- Provide education to community and health care professionals about HD in person and virtually
- Facilitate support groups for persons with HD and for their carers
- Collaborate with the genetics and HD clinic teams to ensure continuity of care in community
- Collaborate on HD specific educational resources with Family Services team
- Attend the biennial national conference held in different locations across Canada
- Travel across Central Ontario as needed (as per local health authority guidelines)
- Degree in social work (BSW or MSW) or related field
- Current member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers (OCSWSSW) or equivalent
- 5-7 years of experience in social work or related field
- Valid driver's licence with a clean driving abstract and access to reliable transportation
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Knowledge of regional and local community services and programs available in Central Ontario including Peel/Halton, Hamilton, Niagara and St-Catherines regions
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Experience with support group facilitation and progressive neurodegenerative diseases preferred
- Proficiency in electronic record keeping and Microsoft Office programs
- Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
Resumes with cover letter can be emailed by end of day on November 3, 2021 to:
Please enter “Central ON Resource Centre Director” in the subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest, only qualified candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
HSC will provide reasonable accommodations for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.