Mental Health Therapist
- Salary scale: $33.18 – $40.91 per hour
- Competition #81-21
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Social Work
- Job Type
Job Status: 35 Hours/week Permanent
Base office: Muskoka, Ontario
Competition #: 81-21
Purpose of the Position: The Therapist/Counsellor will provide direct clinical services to individuals and their families in need of counselling/psychotherapy. The incumbent is responsible for delivering high quality assessment and individual/group treatment/counselling intervention(s) following best practice recommendations. The priority for service provision will be individuals experiencing serious mental illness and residing in Parry Sound. The Therapist works in partnership with other internal and external service providers to meet the needs of the client, including the provision of consultation and education internally and externally.
Education and Qualifications:
- University degree or higher in a human service/health science AND post-graduate specialization in the theoretical foundations of providing psychotherapy.
- Registration with a college who grants the right to practice psychotherapy services.
- Minimum one year of experience preferred in providing psychotherapy with individuals with mental illness, substance use, and complex clinical presentations.
- Familiarity with and commitment to implementing standards of practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of current provincial mental health and addictions policy.
- Tolerance of and ability to handle an unpredictable heavy workload and competing demands with high-risk situations
- Manage internal and external relationships with empathy and compassion, to be aware of emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, and the understanding of the feelings, ideas, and beliefs of others.
- Aboriginal cultural awareness and aboriginal education is an asset.
- Ability to use and learn new technology (computers, software programs, phones, printers/scanners, alarm/security systems, etc.)
- Bilingual in French is an asset.
- May be required to transport staff and/or clients of the Agency and therefore you are to hold a valid Ontario G or G2 driver’s license, have a reliable means of transportation and appropriate insurance for work purposes on your vehicle and a minimum of $1,000,000 in liability coverage.
- Perform screenings and assessments as deemed necessary by the program offered.
- Provide agency-approved psychotherapy services and modalities as per best practices
- Provide supportive counselling, psycho-education, and support services etc.
- Provide crisis intervention and crisis support
- Provide case management/coordination
- Compliance with the standards of care for psychotherapy services; develop and implement plans of care, goals and objectives with clients and stakeholders.
- Participate in outcome and satisfaction measures.
- Maintain professional relationship with other community service providers and key players to ensure that services provided are effectively coordinated.
- Work professionally, autonomously, collaboratively and respectfully within a team environment and with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Perform waitlist management.
- Commitment to implementing standards of practice and agency policy.
- Assist in orientation and support to new staff, students, and volunteers.
- Participate in co-worker support and motivation, role modelling and team building.
- Group facilitation skills required.
- Schedule may include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Ability in public speaking and presentations to various audiences is an asset.
- Provide education to community agencies/individuals about mental health and substance use issues, prevention and health promotion.
- Participate in the CMHAMPS 24/7/365 telephone-based service and respond to clients with self-identified crisis situations, as defined by the scope of practice of the program and/or service delivery model.
Salary scale: $33.18 – $40.91 per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience
Benefits include: A comprehensive Health and Dental benefits plan and Registered Retirement plan with HOOPP where contributions start on date of hire.
Please note that we are a scent-free organization.
You are invited to submit your application by quoting competition number #81-21 by October 1st, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. to:
The Hiring Committee
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
173-202 Manitoba Street
Bracebridge, Ontario P1L 1S3
Telephone (705) 645-2262 Fax (705) 645-7473 E-mail: email@example.com
Canadian Mental Health Association Muskoka – Parry Sound (CMHAMPS) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Qualified consumers/survivors and/or family members are encouraged to apply
We retain all applications submitted for one year after the closing date of this posting for consideration in any future postings.
As part of our commitment to Accessibility, if you wish this information in a different format, please contact our office at 705-645-2262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please let us know prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
DIRECTOR, COUNSELLING SERVICES
Family Service Thames Valley
Individual and Family Therapist
Lumenus Community Services
Program Officer, Intake and Case Support
Home and Community Care Support Services South West
Disability Consultant (Term)
University of Toronto, Scarborough