Position: Social Worker (MSW) Competition #: 2021-272
Status: Full Time Department: Mental Health Outpatient Team (FARC)
Date POSTED: August 27, 2021 Closing Date: September 30, 2021
Union Association: OPSEU
Reporting to the Manager, Community Mental Health Services, the Social Worker is responsible offering a full range of client-centred clinical services. Responsibilities, include but are not limited to, clinical and risk assessments, providing consultation, coordination, education and providing advocacy and liaising with community partners, conducting individual and group therapy. Working as part of a multidisciplinary treatment team, the Social Worker promotes the role of community treatment and collaborates with community resources to help meet the mental health needs of the individual. The Social Worker works in accordance with BGH policies and the regulations of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW).
Education/Specific Training Requirements:
- Master’s Degree in social work from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Valid Class G Ontario driver’s license , current driver’s abstract and proof of current vehicle insurance required
- Demonstrated commitment to lifelong learning and professional development as evidenced by participation in programs, courses, seminars that enhance skills and knowledge.
- Current BCLS and CPR certification
- Demonstrated competency to administer naloxone in emergent situations.
- Non-Violent Crisis Prevention and Intervention Training required
Experience and Knowledge:
- Minimum of three years, experience providing individual and group psychotherapies within community based services strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to conduct bio-psycho-social assessments; risk assessments and complete referrals to other agencies as required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in providing treatment methods such as individual, group and family therapy, to persons with an acute and/or severe mental illness, and be trauma sensitive.
- Experience providing a range of evidence based therapy modalities, including Cognitive behavioural therapy, Narrative Therapy, brief Solution Focused Therapy, Dialectical behavioural therapy, Interpersonal psychotherapy, MBT, trauma-informed therapy, motivational interviewing and crisis intervention/management.
- Prior experience and demonstrated skill and knowledge in treating individuals with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder)
- Experience facilitating group therapy for individuals with severe mental illness.
- Specific knowledge of social work theories and practices to develop, implement and evaluate treatment/rehabilitation plans
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including, but not limited to, The Mental Health Act, The Social Work and Social Service Work Act, 1998, The Regulated Health Professionals Act, The Substitute Decisions Act, The Health Care Consent Act, and the Personal Health Information Protection Act.
- Demonstrated commitment to the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the OCSWSSW
- In-depth knowledge of community resources, programs and agencies available to clients and families
- Knowledge of diagnostic criteria set out within the DSM 5 for the following disorders but not limited: Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders, Bipolar and Related Disorders, Depressive Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders, Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, cooperatively and collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team environment, including participation in treatment team consultations.
- Participates in research and continuous quality improvement
- Demonstrated sensitivity and awareness of the stigma frequently experienced by persons carrying a psychiatric diagnosis
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering multicultural and LGBTQ2 sensitive care environment
- Maybe required to attend community satellite clinics
- Support and supervision provided to social work students
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience working in a computerized environment, sound knowledge and understanding of computer-based operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent attendance and availability required
Please send your current résumé quoting the above Competition Number to:
Brockville General Hospital – Human Resources Department
75 Charles Street
Brockville, Ontario, K6V 1S8
Fax: (613) 345-8305
We thank all applicants for their interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
More search results
Toronto Catholic District School Board
Mental Health Therapist
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
Social Workers, Psychological Associates and Psyc…
Centre for MindBody Health
Mental Health Community Case Manager
Dufferin Area Family Health Team
Student Development Worker