Psychotherapy Practitioner (part-time contract)
- 1255 Sheppard Ave East, Toronto, ON
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Social Work
- Job Type
- Position Title: Psychotherapy Practitioner (part-time contract)
- Available: September 2021
- Applicant Deadline: Friday, August 13, 2021
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM) Integrative Cancer Centre (ICC) is seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated and experienced Psychotherapy Practitioner to serve as an integral member of our team. The CCNM-ICC focuses on treating patients wanting to incorporate whole-person complementary and integrative care into their conventional cancer treatments. The ICC is part of the CCNM, a registered non-profit organization and Canada's premier institute for education and research in naturopathic medicine. As a distinct Centre, the CCNM-ICC provides a work environment characterized by a small team working to together to provide excellent support for people with cancer during active conventional treatments and into long-term survivorship care.
The successful candidate will assess the status of patients and carry out individually designed treatment programs in coordination with the interdisciplinary team to achieve the patient’s goals through psychotherapy. Other responsibilities include documenting all aspects of the therapeutic processes in the patient’s medical record, discussing treatment progress with members of the interdisciplinary team, providing feedback to external practitioners in the form of progress notes, and educating the patient and family members to reinforce treatment programs. As a member of the integrated health professional team, the successful candidate will participate in team building and work collaboratively through team meetings, quality education, inter-referrals, shared medical records etc. This position will also be involved in collaborative interdisciplinary research and projects as required.
Hours will be flexible to start with a goal of having two (2) days each week as the practice builds, and more to follow if applicable. The Clinic hours are currently from Monday 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm and Tuesday to Friday 9:00 am to 7:00 pm and Saturdays between 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Healthcare professional registered in the province of Ontario (MD, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Social Worker)
- Graduate level training in Clinical psychology, Counselling and/or Social work
- Minimum one (1) year of related cancer care experience preferred
- Working knowledge of, and familiarity with, CAM therapies, especially naturopathic medicine
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to deal with patients, their families, other health care team members and the community
- Ability to exercise professional judgment in a confidential environment
- Experience working with electronic medical records an asset
Benefits of joining the integrated health team at the ICC:
- Be at the cutting-edge of evidence-based integrative cancer care and education.
- Work in a multidisciplinary integrative team environment with experience with oncology-focused practices.
- Impact the next generation of NDs by working side-by-side with senior CCNM students enrolled in its new oncology resident program.
- Located at CCNM’s Toronto campus, the CCNM-ICC is conveniently located and accessible by TTC public transit, or via Highway 401.
The Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (CCNM), is Canada’s premier, pan-Canadian academic institution for education and research in naturopathic medicine. Our graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations for all regulated jurisdictions in Canada and the United States to become naturopathic doctors. The College is a registered charity dependent upon tuition, research grants and donations for the fulfillment of its mission. CCNM has two campuses, one in Toronto and another in the Metro Vancouver area known as the Boucher Campus. The College provides an attractive work environment for those who value good health and who enjoy working in a positive creative atmosphere.
CCNM welcomes individuals who have demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will partner with us in expanding our EDI capacity. We encourage applications from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous Peoples, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as women and/or LGBTQ2SIA+.
CCNM is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please advise the Human Resources department if you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process. This document can be made available in an alternate format upon request.
To Apply: Submit your application to:
Human Resources Department
On the covering letter, please indicate the title of the position that you are applying for, and where you saw this job advertisement. We thank all applicants in advance and advise that only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Toronto Catholic District School Board
Mental Health Therapist
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
Social Workers, Psychological Associates and Psyc…
Centre for MindBody Health
Mental Health Community Case Manager
Dufferin Area Family Health Team
Student Development Worker