Full-Time, 6 month Contract – Anticipated Start Date July 2021 - $35.10 - $42.67 hourly
Belleville & Quinte West Community Health Centre (BQWCHC) is a community-based primary health care organization that provides community-focused health promotion, illness prevention, and comprehensive primary health care services. We work from a health equity perspective, prioritizing people and communities who face systemic barriers to accessing services and health care. The Centre has a vision for a healthier community where all people have access to quality care and services, delivered with respect.
The Social Worker provides one-on-one clinical assessment, support and counselling, primarily to BQWCHC clients.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Clinical Services – provides psychosocial assessments & determines therapeutic treatment goals; provides clinical time-limited counselling and case management functions for individuals, couples, and families, working in partnership with other primary health care providers and community supports for seamless, client-centered care
- Quality Improvement – participates in quality improvement practices consistent with current research and evidence-informed best practice guidelines
- Work in a manner that incorporates respect and value for the diversity of communities and individuals
- Teamwork – works collaboratively as a member of the inter-professional team
- Mentoring – supports the Centre’s student and volunteer placement programs
- Masters of Social Work degree with 2 years of experience providing clinical services or equivalent education and experience, preferably in a primary health care or community/health care setting, with a strong grounding in mental health issues, trauma and the social determinants of health
- Member in good standing with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Proficiency and knowledge of best practices in current assessment and psychotherapy for working with individuals, couples, and families
- Experience providing service utilizing different modalities including phone and video
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high degree of independence while collaborating with an interdisciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with diverse client groups; ability to work within demanding interpersonal situations
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills using a range of technologies
- May require travel – valid driver’s licence and insurance, with access to reliable transportation, required
- Current clear Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, required
To request a copy of the job description, or to apply for this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. A resume and cover letter is required for application. Within the subject line of your email, please indicate the position title for which you are applying.
Competition open until filled.
BQWCHC is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please call 613-962-0000 x 231 or email email@example.com. For more information visit our website at www.bqwchc.com.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.