Job Title: Position#2014 - Professor, Social Service Worker Program
Closing Date/Time: Fri. 06/25/21 12:00 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $66,555.00 - $115,378.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time Professor
Location: 1400 Barrydowne Road, Sudbury, ON P3A 3V8
Cambrian College is committed to student success, lifelong learning, and responding to the diverse needs of students in today’s ever-changing global marketplace. Within this dynamic, student-centered environment, the Schools of Justice, Community Services, and General Studies has been delivering vocationally relevant and in-demand education programs since the College first opened its doors in 1967. Today, the Schools of Justice, Community Services, and General Studies offers more than 15 certificate, diploma, advanced diploma, and graduate certificate programs, as well as general education, psychology, sociology, english, and other service courses. Within this context of inspiring innovation and excellence, the Schools of Justice, Community Services, and General Studies is currently seeking a full-time Professor for the Social Service Worker program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be required to teach a variety of courses in its Social Service Worker program. Subject areas may include communicating in small groups, family dynamics, recording/observation, and ethics. The incumbent will also be required to engage in a variety of activities that support teaching and learning and promote student success. These will include: curriculum development, lesson planning, assessing student progress and achievement, and class management. Beyond their teaching duties, the successful candidate will be expected to establish an effective learning environment and work as a collaborative team member contributing to the overall direction of the program. In addition, the successful applicant will play an active role in student advising and student recruitment, assisting with the promotion and marketing of the program, and graduate placement. These activities will require that the incumbent assist in the development and maintenance of strong industry connections and community partnerships. Lastly, the incumbent will also have the opportunity to participate on College and school committees to advance the College’s strategic priorities.
(Cambrian’s academic year consists of three semesters, and this role may be required to deliver courses during the summer months. Cambrian offers programs and courses in-person, online, or in a HyFlex mode of delivery, which includes in-person, virtual synchronous, or fully online asynchronous participation, and this role may be required to deliver courses in multiple modes.)
- A Ph.D. in Social Work, Psychology, Sociology, Education or a related area. (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application *** education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES or ICAS with their application).
- Must be eligible for registration with the College of Social Work and Social Service Worker.
- Five years of demonstrated experience working in related community development and social work.
- Previous teaching experience at the postsecondary level.
- Ability to relate and communicate positively, effectively, and professionally with others and function effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship and be an effective role model in the classroom.
- Ability to utilize creative teaching approaches and current and emerging teaching and learning strategies to enhance student success.
- Demonstrated ability to use a variety of educational technologies, including in-class media presentation systems, learning management systems, and other relevant classroom technologies.
- Ability to work with students from diverse educational, religious, and cultural backgrounds.
- Solid commitment to students and education.
- Excellent written communication skills and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy and effective critical thinking and organizational skills.
- Master’s degree in Social Work.
To be considered, candidates must provide the following as an attachment:
- Educational documents
- WES/ICAS Equivalence if degrees/diplomas are from a Non-Canadian University
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
To apply online, please click on the following link: ”, https://gjobs.neogov.ca/careers/cambriancollege?
More search results
Child & Family Therapist
Children's Mental Health Services
2 psychothérapeutes en milieu scolaire
Le CAP : Centre d'appui et de prévention
Clinical Social Worker, Crisis
WoodGreen Community Services
Manager of Family Services
Jewish Family and Child Service
Community Support Worker, Housing Support Program