INTERNAL Posting – June 8 to June 15, 2021
CRISIS SUPPORT WORKER
Job Status: Permanent
Hours of Work: 1.0 FTE, 35 hours per week
Base office: Bracebridge
Purpose of the Position:
The primary purpose of the position is the delivery of high quality crisis intervention, assessment, intake and triage on a day-to-day basis as part of the Crisis/Intake Clinical Team. The incumbent will participate in a confidential telephone and mobile crisis service to clients with serious mental illnesses and individuals experiencing other acute crises. The incumbent will also provide a range of case management duties and counselling services to assist with other functions of the agency as needed. The incumbent will provide timely and immediate accessible information, referral and support for clients accessing service via telephone or mobile outreach response. The incumbent will assist the Intake function to assess, screen and provide internal and external referrals to people who contact the agency seeking services.
Education and Qualifications:
- University degree or higher in a human service/health science AND post-graduate specialization in the theoretical foundations of providing psychotherapy.
- Registration with a college who grants the right to practice psychotherapy services.
- Minimum one year of experience preferred in providing psychotherapy with individuals with mental illness, substance use, and complex clinical presentations.
- Familiarity with and commitment to implementing standards of practice.
- Aboriginal cultural awareness and education is an asset
- Clear Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening.
- Ability to work autonomously and with a multidisciplinary team in a rural setting
- A willingness to serve clients within the communities of the Districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook Calendar and Client information systems
- Participate in the CMHAMPS 24/7/365 telephone based service and respond to clients with self-identified crisis situations, as defined by the scope of practice of the program and/or service delivery model
- A willingness to work shifts (including evenings, weekends and statutory holidays)
- Bilingual in French is an asset
- A valid Ontario G or G2 driver’s license and a safe reliable means of transportation
Salary scale: $33.18 to $40.91 per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience
Benefits: Comprehensive Health Benefit Package including HOOPP pension plan
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound is a scent-free organization
You are invited to submit your application quoting competition #47-21 by 4:30 p.m. June 15, 2021 to:
The Hiring Committee
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
173-202 Manitoba Street
Bracebridge, Ontario P1L 1S3
Telephone: (705) 645-2262 Fax: (705) 645-7473 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka – Parry Sound (CMHAMPS) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Qualified Clients/survivors and/or family members are encouraged to apply.
We retain all applications submitted for one (1) year after the closing date of this posting for consideration in any future postings.
As part of our commitment to Accessibility, if you wish this information in a different format, please contact our office at 705-645-2262 or email email@example.com. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please let us know prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Child & Family Therapist
Children's Mental Health Services
2 psychothérapeutes en milieu scolaire
Le CAP : Centre d'appui et de prévention
Clinical Social Worker, Crisis
WoodGreen Community Services
Manager of Family Services
Jewish Family and Child Service
Community Support Worker, Housing Support Program