Clinical Coordinator (1FT and 2 PT positions available)
- Ontario Medical Association
- Toronto, ON
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
PHYSICIAN HEALTH PROGRAM
(1 FT and 2 PT positions available)
Clinical Coordinators are members of the Ontario Medical Association’s Physician Health Program (PHP) interdisciplinary clinical team. Reporting to the Director, Clinical Services and accountable to the PHP Medical Director, the Clinical Coordinator is responsible for the identification, management and coordination of clinical services for medical students, residents, physicians and designated groups of other health professionals. The Clinical Coordinator is also engaged in PHP’s work to promote a professional culture that supports wellness along with the prevention and early identification of health issues for health professionals, their families and workplaces.
- Identifies and coordinates ongoing clinical services and support to medical students, residents, physicians, other designated health professionals and family members enrolled in the PHP program, developing and coordinating plans for return/reintegration to work, coordinating tailored clinical service and workplace support networks, monitoring progress and results, preparing progress and advocacy reports, monitoring participant contract adherence, and liaising with treating clinicians and allied resources to gather and interpret clinical service input and treatment recommendations.
- Provides initial case screening, assessments and triage, determining scope of issues, determining appropriate clinical resource matches to address the caller’s need, facilitating clinical referrals and crisis consultations/assessments as required, providing clinical and issue management advice, and providing support for high risk related issues and behaviours.
- Manages relationships with workplaces, training programs, primary monitors, mentors, coaches and clinicians involved in the PHP participant’s monitoring program. This work includes training and coaching monitors and mentors, collecting, interpreting and skillfully communicating clinical and workplace feedback with close attention to risk and safety sensitive issues.
- Identifies opportunities to enhance the quality of processes/procedures and improve clinical service delivery, evaluating regulatory/clinical practice policy and protocol compliance, identifying risks of privacy breaches, providing recommendations to senior staff and providing support in the implementation of improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates in the development and provision of education, health promotion and prevention activities through workshops and public speaking to medical students, residents, physicians and other health professionals around issues related to professional wellbeing, resilience, risk recognition, and management for both personal and organizational health.
- Utilizes the PHP electronic recording and resource database to ensure information is up to date and accurate while maintaining confidentiality of records and health information to support the clinical services needs of PHP callers and program participants.
- Some travel within the province may be required to interface directly with program participants and their workplace.
Skills and Experience Required
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Psychology or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6 years of direct clinical experience and advanced training working with mental health and substance use problems.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and report writing abilities are essential.
- It is preferred that applicants have a strong background in working with complex mental and substance use issues within both a harm reduction and an abstinent based paradigm.
- Workshop development and public speaking experience would be beneficial.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com quoting “Clinical Coordinator” in the subject line. Learn more about the PHP here: http://php.oma.org/.
Ontario Medical Association is an equal opportunity employer. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
More search results
Social Worker 2 Casual Position
Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph of the Hotel Dieu of Kingston
Social Worker - Allied Health
Scarborough Health Network
Homewood Health, Inc.
St. Joseph's Health Centre Guelph