The Clinical Therapist is an integral part of a busy, dynamic and growing clinical program at Kinark Child and Family Services, Community Based Child and Youth Mental Health program in the Peterborough region. As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the Clinical Therapist will be required to liaise with internal and external collaterals in the provision of clinical services. The Clinical Therapist will be responsible for completing comprehensive clinical assessments, formulate and develop individualized treatment plans prior to providing individual, family, and/or group therapy to high risk and complex children, youth, and families within an office-based, as well as a community-based setting, as required. The successful candidate will be required to work some evenings per week based on client needs. The Clinical Therapist position is covered by the Canadian Union of Public Employees, Local 2860..
Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Complete an initial comprehensive assessment, considering the multiple layers and interacting mental health issues, needs, and disorders, concurrent substance use issues, and medical conditions.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop safety plans.
- Utilize commitment strategies to obtain commitment to therapeutic engagement, while assessing client readiness and stage of change.
- Complete a comprehensive formulation and treatment plan as a foundation for treatment, with input from collateral sources and multidisciplinary team integrated.
- Modify treatment activities and approaches as needed in order to comply with changes in clients' status.
- Provide intervention, with clinical outcomes to be achieved through application of evidenced-based practices with ongoing monitoring of impact.
- Focus on the youth’s potential for developing/sustaining pro-social, self-regulation of mental health symptoms, related behaviours (e.g. substance use, conflict management, anger management)
- Self-monitor the completion of progress/contact notes describing each client contact and how that contact relates to treatment goals and adherence to policy
- Collaborate with other members of the treatment team and participate in interagency/team meetings
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or a Health-Related Discipline with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience is preferred.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work with extensive and relevant experience will also be considered.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) as a Social Worker, or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
- Must be eligible and able to perform Psychotherapy as defined under the act.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience working in a mental health setting, is required.
- Excellent clinical assessment, formulation and treatment planning skills is essential.
- Training and or experience in Triple P- Positive Parenting program, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and Brief Therapy will be considered assets.
- Experience with providing a broad range of clinical services and demonstrated effective work with a child and adolescent population who present a variety of clinically challenging issues.
- Demonstrated expertise in family therapy, including brief models, and advanced group skills with children and parents are preferred.
- Computer competency and experience working with diverse cultures are considered as assets for this position.
- Travel is required for this position; the successful candidate must have a valid Ontario driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to obtain automobile insurance which includes driving for business purposes with a minimum liability of one million dollars.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Bilingual English/French candidates will be given special consideration.
More search results
Child & Family Therapist
Children's Mental Health Services
2 psychothérapeutes en milieu scolaire
Le CAP : Centre d'appui et de prévention
Clinical Social Worker, Crisis
WoodGreen Community Services
Manager of Family Services
Jewish Family and Child Service
Community Support Worker, Housing Support Program