- Job Category
- Social Work
- Job Type
Creating Better Futures
Armagh provides women and their children with the best possible opportunity to overcome the devasting effects of abuse. For over 25 years, Armagh has been giving help and hope to women fleeing abuse. We are committed to creating an environment that supports women and children through their transition, giving them the support and knowledge necessary to redefine a future. Unlike a first stage or crisis shelter, which responds to short-term emergencies, Armagh is a non-profit, transitional supportive housing program, providing housing and services to women with or without children who have been victims of family violence. Armagh provides transitional supportive housing with 9 residential units.
We are looking for a full-time Program Supervisor to join our team and make a positive difference in the lives of women and children in the Region of Peel.
The Program Supervisor provides care and support to our residents and ensures the smooth residential operation of the organization. The Program Supervisor is a key member of the team and participates in the overall management of the agency in terms of strategic planning, program development, leadership, and compliance with site and agency policies and procedures. The Program Supervisor assists in the development of partnerships with community agencies, housing providers, landlords and actively participates in agency initiatives.
Who you are
- You have in-depth knowledge of women’s issues and the dynamics of violence against women and children from a feminist perspective
- You are knowledgeable and skilled in people leadership and are able to lead a team fairly and motivate them to be at their best
- You are skilled in crisis intervention
- You have extensive experience with women and children in the areas of poverty, violence and homelessness (shelter specific experience is an asset)
What you will be doing
As the Program Supervisor at Armagh, you are a leader within our team. Your key responsibilities include:
- Leading program development and evaluation to continuously assess and improve programs for maximum impact
- Providing ongoing leadership to the team and lead and participate in team meetings and staff development events
- Overseeing the delivery of all services to clients and their children through the supervision of direct services staff, placement students, volunteers and facilitators
- Maintaining client case files and data management ensuring all documentation is accurate and up to date
- Supporting residents in navigating the legal justice system and social services network within The Region of Peel
- Assisting in the maintenance of an anti-oppressive anti-racist work environment for staff, residents and volunteers and maintaining a safe environment by abiding by the agency’s Health and Safety Regulations
- Participating in Armagh’s planning sessions, policy and procedure development, information package and form development
- Acting in accordance with Armagh’s policy and procedure manual and the Violence Against Women Act
- Actively involved in on-going professional development
- You are able to provide leadership to the team
- You are able to prioritize and manage day to day client services and operations with unanticipated needs
- You are able to work both within the team and independently
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills
- You are able to be vigilant in maintaining a safe environment for all residents
- You have a degree in social work
- You have strong computer skills (Microsoft Office and Database)
- You have at least three years of previous supervisory experience
- You have your own vehicle and an unrestricted driver’s license as local travel is required on occasion
- You have proficiency in a second language relevant to the demographics of Peel Region
- You have current CPR and first aid training
- You have the willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as required
- You have a Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance Certificate
At Armagh, you will have an opportunity to positively impact the lives of women and children in the community in ways that will fundamentally change their lives and give them renewed hope for the future. You will work with an amazing team of skilled and compassionate professionals who have also dedicated themselves to making a positive difference in people’s lives.
Armagh is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the human rights code throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise us of your accessibility needs and we will ensure they are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
If you want to make a difference in the community and meet the above qualifications we encourage you to apply in confidence via email to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Join our team, share our commitment to creating better futures for women and children!
More search results
Mental Health Counselor
Prince Edward Family Health Team
Quinte and District Rehabilitation
Social Worker, Specialized Mental Health
West Coast University
registered social service worker
Borden Family Resource Centre