As an integral member of the Peninsula Family Health Team, the successful candidate will complement our primary care team through the delivery of specific programs, group and individualized counseling.
The Social Worker will work with the physicians and other allied health care providers of our team, and function collaboratively with patients, community and social service agencies and external health care providers within the SWLHIN boundaries.
The PFHT is committed to having our Social Worker work to his/her full scope of practice. We are looking for an energetic self-starter who is able to work with an equally dedicated group who are focused on enhancing patients’ access to quality primary care in our community.
This position will provide opportunities for individual and group program innovations in the area of mental health.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters Degree in Social Work
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Social Workers
- Membership in the Ontario Association of Social Workers
- 3 to 5 years counseling and therapy experience, preferably in a community or clinic setting
- Proficiencies in assessment, psychotherapy and psychological counseling techniques for working with individuals, couples and families.
- Previous experience working in a Family Health Team, primary care clinic or community setting
- Superior leadership, organization, research, evaluation, time management and interpersonal skills
- Strong clinical skills; demonstrated ability to utilize best practices for mental health treatment.Experience using cognitive behavioural therapy a definite asset
- Strong knowledge of community resources in mental health
- Teaching and experience facilitating groups an asset
- Strong attention to detail and maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an integrated care team
- Flexibility, the ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple demands
- Demonstrated experience working with youth and seniors a definite asset
- Valid Drivers License, access to a vehicle
- Ability to work from both PFHT clinic sites and in community as required
- Demonstrated ability to develop, expand and strengthen community partnerships
- Computer literacy: EMR (OSCAR), Microsoft Office, and Internet
- Ability to work in a manner that is in compliance with staff and patient safety practices, policies and procedures
More search results
Manager of the Mental Health Service / Chef en sa…
Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l'Est ontarien
Registered Social Worker
The Charles H. Best Diabetes Centre
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
Independent Private Practice Therapist
Layla Care Inc.
Craigwood Children, Youth & Family Services