Are you interested in working in an organization where the team and professional standards are highly valued, where quality of care and the quality of employee working life is respected?
Central Community Health Centre (CCHC) is a non-profit, community governed organization. Our multi-disciplinary team provides primary health care and health and well-being services and programs to residents of Central Elgin, St. Thomas and Southwold Township. Our target population is the 22% of people in Ontario who face barriers to care.
Position: Social Worker
Region: Central Elgin, St. Thomas and Southwold Township
Description: We are currently recruiting for a full time Social Worker experienced in working within a trauma lens. The Social Worker will work with people who have addictions and/or mental health issues and people living in poverty. They will coordinate and advocate delivery of mental health programs and act as a resource for the Primary Health Care Team at CCHC. The Social Worker provides treatment from a trauma perspective and is able to educate others about this approach.
- Master of Social Work degree from a recognized university and
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Social Workers for Ontario
- A minimum of three years mental health experience is essential including assessment and counselling in a clinical setting
- Previous experience in a community health environment as asset
- EMDR experience an asset
- Strong communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills, combined with strength in critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skill
- Solid computer skills including previous experience with an EMR (Electronic Medical Record)
- Able to respond in a positive way to demanding issues and project a welcoming, friendly personality
- Completion of a Police Clearance and Vulnerable Sector check prior to commencing employment is required
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence
Salary: To be negotiated
Terms of Employment: Full time 37.5 hours, may include some evenings or weekends
Deadline for Application: April 15, 2019 @ 5:00pm
To apply to become a member of the CCHC team, please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com
We welcome all qualified applicants; however, only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
CCHC is an equal opportunity employer: our employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, handicap, marital status or any other status or condition protected by Federal and/or Provincial laws.
More search results
Regional Manager, Child & Family Services
Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority
Breakaway Addiction Services
Director of Mental Health Services
Toronto North Support Services
Contract Child Protection Workers
York Region Children's Aid Society