CHILDREN & YOUTH SERVICES COORDINATOR
1 in 100 people in our community has epilepsy. More than half experience their first seizures before the age of ten. Epilepsy in childhood is often frought with psychosocial, emotional, and developmental challenge. The goal of Epilepsy Toronto Children and Youth Services is to provide every child with epilepsy their best fighting chance at achieving independence, self esteem and quality of life.
The individual we seek for this position is a highly energized, creative, and versatile professional with demonstrated counseling expertise in a health arena, an engaging personality, and acumen for building communities.
- Individual & Family Counseling, Case Management and Service Navigation
- Parent and Child Support Groups
- Community Education, Liaison, Advocacy
- Outreach and Community Development
- Family Retreat Coordination
- Outcomes Evaluation
- Documentation and Clinical Data Entry
- MSW is an asset; Registration in good standing with professional college, OCSWSSW or CRPO.
- Experience in individual and family counseling / education / case management / service navigation in a non-profit and/or social services environment
- Experience with crisis intervention, group facilitation, individual & family counseling, workshops
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to source information and present it to a varied audience, lay and professional
- Community liaison, outreach
- Cultural competency, including, but not limited to gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and various income levels
- Knowledge of epilepsy, an asset
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Geoff Bobb, c/o
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
More search results
support worker - social services
Community Living St. Catharines
HDH Site- Part-time Social Worker 2, Early Psycho…
Religious Hospitallers of Saint Joseph of the Hotel Dieu of Kingston
Chapleau Health Services
Social Worker - Allied Health
Scarborough Health Network