PROGRAM MANAGER, HOUSING (PERMANENT, FULL-TIME)
Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth provides safe shelter, supportive services, and long-term solutions to youth homelessness. We believe all young people deserve safe, affordable housing, great support, and access to the resources to reach their full potential.
Eva’s Initiatives is an innovative organization that works locally and nationally to prevent, reduce and end youth homelessness. Eva’s Initiatives operates three specialized shelter facilities, Eva’s Place, Eva’s Satellite and Eva’s Phoenix. Eva’s Phoenix integrates transitional housing with employment and training opportunities for homeless youth.
Eva’s is strongly committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the populations we serve. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals including applicants from all cultures, racialized communities, abilities, diverse sexual and gender identities and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free.
This position reports to the Senior Site Manager and is located at Eva’s Phoenix: 60 Brant Street, Toronto, ON. The position works in a shelter environment with its associated stresses and with youth who may at-times be in crisis and may demonstrate related behaviours.
Eva’s Initiatives is seeking an experienced Housing Program Manager to lead the development, delivery, and expansion of Housing supports and initiatives across its three locations, by having specific programs designed to prepare youth for their transition into the broader community.
Reporting to the Senior Site Manager, Youth Belong Program (YBP) at Eva’s Phoenix, this position is responsible for the development of a housing plan that builds capacity and stabilizes youth with individualized housing case management goals.
As the manager you will:
- Develop and evaluate a housing strategy with follow supports, monitor the onsite youth support programs with a focus on individual growth and expansion.
- Seek funding opportunities and write grant applications in conjunction with the development department.
- Work collaboratively with the Eva’s Leadership team in the creation and maintenance of a positive and productive workplace where effective and seamless work is done across program streams.
- As a team player, you collaborate closely with the Service Delivery Management team to support youth service delivery and wrap around programs.
- As a member of the leadership team at Eva’s you will participate in agency strategic planning and implementation.
Above all else, your:
- Experience working with youths facing multiple barriers towards accessing supports and services is outstanding.
- Demonstrated experience in housing, mental health, harm reduction and stakeholder engagement is impeccable.
- Understanding of all the elements of positive youth development, anti-oppression and trauma-informed practice is un-equaled.
- Ability to collaborate, see and process the big picture, thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment is superb.
- Experience in developing and maintaining a broad base of diverse partnerships, including community partners, volunteers and funders is exceptional.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years’ experience in working directly with groups of youth and decision-makers to support projects that create social change
- Two years demonstrated management experience including budgeting, planning, performance management, problem solving
- In depth understanding of issues related to youth homelessness and the supports and resources youth need to transition successfully to independent living
- Knowledge and expertise related to homelessness including: hostel standards; addictions; alternative, social, supportive and private sector housing; income security; mental health; etc.
- Working Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act, Landlord and Tenant Board processes and other relevant housing legislation
- Demonstrated experience in program and partnership development including developing, implementing and evaluating youth programs
- Experience in developing funding proposals and managing accountability to donors, including demonstrated experience with impactful report writing
- Experience working with a large, diverse team and client population
- Demonstrated experience supervising a complex staff team in a unionized setting in different locations
- Vast experience and understanding of collaboration in the social service sector
- Strong verbal, written and facilitation skills
- Flexibility to work some evenings required. Will share on-call responsibilities.
- Successful clearance of criminal reference check
Submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Be sure to indicate 2021 Housing Program Manager in the title. No phone calls, please.
Please note that as a condition of employment, the successful applicant must complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police Reference Check. Eva’s would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In keeping with our ongoing efforts to represent the diversity of our community, we strongly encourage people from diverse groups to apply. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Eva’s provides accommodation, accessible formats, and communication supports for the interview upon request.
Eva’s acknowledges the sacred land on which our organization stands, the territory of the Huron-Wendat and Petun First Nations, the Seneca, and most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit River. The territory was the subject of the Dish With One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant, an agreement between the Iroquois Confederacy and Confederacy of the Ojibwe and allied nations to peaceably share and care for the resources around the Great Lakes. We are grateful to work here and we are mindful of broken covenants and the need to strive to make right with all our relations.
Eva’s Initiatives for Homeless Youth
Administrative Office: 401 Richmond St W., Suite 245, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3A8
Connect with us @evasinitiatives
More search results
Child & Family Therapist
Children's Mental Health Services
2 psychothérapeutes en milieu scolaire
Le CAP : Centre d'appui et de prévention
Clinical Social Worker, Crisis
WoodGreen Community Services
Manager of Family Services
Jewish Family and Child Service
Community Support Worker, Housing Support Program