Casual, Bargaining Unit, 4 Vacancies
G1 - $24.28/hour
Open until filled
Program Overview – Crisis Outreach Service for Seniors, Community Care
This position works on behalf of WoodGreen in an inter-agency, multi-disciplinary Crisis Outreach Service for Seniors (COSS) serving seniors with physical, cognitive, mental health, and other concerns causing them to be in crisis. This service is offered through a partnership between WoodGreen, Haven Toronto, South Riverdale Community Health Centre, Reconnect Community Health Services, and LOFT Community Services with the goal of ensuring a continuum of care for seniors with cognitive, mental health, and substance use issues.
What You Will Do
- Participate in crisis shifts; going out to visit clients in their homes or other community locations with a partner.
- Assess client needs, develop, and implement service plans with short and long-term objectives.
- Provide short-term intensive case management follow up visits to seniors with mental health and substance use issues, including ongoing assessment, supportive counseling, service navigation and care coordination.
- Assist clients to access acute care and emergency services when appropriate, and help facilitate client discharges from local emergency departments.
- Assist with monitoring clients, identifying additional needs, and reactivating supports.
- Assist in liaising with convalescent care, transitional care, acute care, emergency departments, rehabilitation centres, and complex continuing care to ensure that clients who have been hospitalized have appropriate follow-up services.
- Refer clients and caregivers to a range of community resources, including meals, drop-in centres, social recreational programs, clothing exchanges, etc.
- Work with other team members and partner agencies to develop and implement strategies that reduce client/caregiver dependencies on acute care and emergency departments.
What You Bring to the Team
- BSW or related undergraduate degree.
- Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or a related regulatory body.
- Requires two (2) years of related experience in crisis support, the ability to mediate conflict, and demonstrated experience working with seniors.
What Will Set You Apart
- Demonstrated experience in crisis support/intervention.
- Demonstrated experience supporting seniors with mental health and substance use issues from a recovery and harm reduction approach.
- Proven ability in case management and supportive counselling skills.
- Strong assessment skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to carry out service documentation requirements in a timely and professional manner.
- Demonstrated information and referral skills and the ability to link clients to supportive services.
- Self-directed and independent, but also experienced in working effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary team.
- Proven ability to minimize barriers through service delivery for low-income individuals with mental health and substance abuse issues.
- Ability to work from a client-centered approach.
- Knowledge of issues affecting older adults and geriatric populations.
- Knowledge of the health sector, community resources, and related services.
- Demonstrated ability to follow policies, procedures, and adhere to legislation.
- Understanding of clinical practices and care models.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, flexibility, and contribute to the effective functioning of a multi-disciplinary interagency Crisis Service focused on older adults.
- Applied computer skills (MS word, excel, and Internet).
- Ability to use case management software is an asset (Pirouette).
- Ability to communicate in another language is an asset.
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends, and statutory holidays as required.
More search results
Child & Family Therapist
Children's Mental Health Services
2 psychothérapeutes en milieu scolaire
Le CAP : Centre d'appui et de prévention
Clinical Social Worker, Crisis
WoodGreen Community Services
Manager of Family Services
Jewish Family and Child Service
Community Support Worker, Housing Support Program