- Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- $1,143.42 - $1,451.80 per week
- Job Category
- Social Work
- Job Type
The Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, Maplehurst Correctional Complex, seeks experienced Social Workers to provide professional social work services to offenders.
If you are an outstanding professional with a passion for helping others, don't miss this exciting opportunity.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Complete bio-psycho-social, suicide, mental health, risk/needs and clinical assessments and reports for the purposes of crisis intervention, counselling, classification, rehabilitative programs, reintegration planning and parole proceedings
• Conduct individual and/or group counselling and case work sessions
• Provide individual and/or group rehabilitative programming
• Plan, develop and deliver rehabilitative treatment programs and intervention strategies to address the social, emotional, criminogenic and/or psychological needs of offenders
• Explore community resources and facilitate referrals for offenders re-entering into the community
How do I qualify?
• You are currently registered as a Social Worker in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW))
Specialized Knowledge and Experience
• You have knowledge of and practical experience in the theories, principles and practices of social work, normally acquired through a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) and/or Master of Social Work (MSW)
• You have knowledge of risk assessment tools and rehabilitative treatment placement options to provide recommendation on offender classification placement
• You can develop rehabilitative program and treatment plans using bio-psycho-social rehabilitative treatment theories, principles and techniques
• You have knowledge of community support services to assist offenders in formulating reintegration plans
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You can conduct individual and group therapy and crisis intervention, and communicate with offenders and their social and community networks while demonstrating cultural sensitivity and self-awareness
• You can liaise with correctional staff and community support services professionals
• You can engage, motivate, counsel and advocate on behalf of offenders
• You have strong writing skills to prepare case notes, assessments, progress and statistical reports
• You can demonstrate tact, discretion and sensitivity, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Analytical, Assessment, and Problem-Solving Skills
• You can gather and compile data from multiple sources to identify offender needs
• You can develop or modify rehabilitative, treatment and case management plans
• You can make recommendations on appropriate classification of offenders
• You can assess offenders in crisis and apply appropriate therapeutic intervention
• You can evaluate program and treatment effectiveness
Planning and Organizational Skills
• You can manage competing priorities, meet deadlines, and contribute effectively as part of the multi-disciplinary team
• You have knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g., Social Work and Social Service Work Act, Health Information Protection Act, privacy acts, etc.), and can comply with regulatory requirements
Salary Range: $1,143.42 - $1,451.80 per week
- 1 Permanent, 661 Martin St, Milton, Central Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 6 months (with possible extension), 661 Martin St, Milton, Central Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 661 Martin St, Milton, Central Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service).
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 133715, by Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
More search results
Child Protection Worker Career Opportunities
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Wellness Counsellor & Coordinator
University of TorontoScarborough
Manager, Health and Wellness Centre
University of TorontoScarborough
Craigwood Children, Youth & Family Services
Social Worker (MSW)- Contract
Georgian Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic