Team Lead/Supervisor, Counselling Program (Dementia Expertise)
- 4391 Harvester Road, Burlington Ontario
- $46,400.00-$69,600.00 per year
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Social Work
- Job Type
The Alzheimer Society of Brant, Haldimand Norfolk, Hamilton Halton (ASBHNHH) is looking for a highly-skilled professional with experience providing counselling services to older adults and persons living with dementia. The incumbent will provide guidance, feedback and support and to act as a coach and mentor for the Counselling team in Hamilton and Halton. The successful candidate will work two and a half days a week as a counsellor based out of the Burlington office, and two and a half days in the Team Lead role for Hamilton Halton. This individual will be expected to help backfill for absent team members and will also oversee the student placements process.
The Alzheimer Society is committed to inclusive and accessible employment. We are committed to diversity in employment and welcome applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The salary range for this role is $46,400 to $69,600 based on 1820 hours annually. We also offer a competitive Group Benefits and RRSP package.
Specialized Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to passionately lead a team.
- Solid counselling skills and the ability to lead counselling services.
- In depth knowledge of dementia care and approaches to support both the person with the disease and care partners.
- Excellent understanding of group dynamics.
- Familiarity with legal issues surrounding privacy of information and professional liabilities.
- Familiarity with community organizations and resources for people with dementia.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Software.
- Valid Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Some remote work may be required
- A minimum of 3-5 years providing counselling services to older adults and persons living with dementia is required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience required in a counselling management /leadership position.
- Proven experience leading successful teams.
- Exposure to and familiarity with multicultural issues.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in an area such as: Counselling, Psychology, Social Work, or equivalent work related experience.
- Membership in a regulated Professional College.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with the position title and location in the subject line, outlining how their skills meet the needs of this position to HR by Wednesday May 12th, 2021.
- We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.*
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Paid Sick Days, Passive and Active Screening Assessments, Respiratory Hygiene and Spatial Separation: Preventative Measures, PPE, Cleaning and Disinfecting, Remote Work-rotating staff schedule to limit the number of staff in office, etc.