As a Social Worker, you will provide individual, family and group therapy to adolescents with complex mental health needs and high risk behaviour. Other responsibilities include, case management, liaising with community agencies, (i.e. school, police, probation services), and working as part of an interprofessional team. This position is covered by Ontario Public Service Employees Union and its Local 213.
- Minimum Master of Social Work degree.
- Minimum 2 years’ related work experience in a children’s mental health setting.
- Current member in good standing with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- You will have demonstrated individual, family and group therapy skills acquired through your related work experience. You will also have extensive experience working with residential treatment teams, preferably with an adolescent population.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices in working with adolescents with serious mental health issues, including violent and aggressive behavior is required
- Strong clinical skills and excellent case management abilities.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy and gender responsive program experience would be considered assets.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French will be given special consideration.