Are you interested in joining a social work team focused on quality care planning? If so, we have a relief part time Social Worker position available at the Penticton Integrated Health Clinic. This Social Worker will work for Outpatient Diabetes, Heart Health, Renal Health including the Kidney Care Clinic.
The Social Worker provides comprehensive therapeutic clinical counselling services to patients and families in the assigned clinical specialty area. Other responsibilities include:
• Conducts comprehensive social work and psycho-social assessments of patients and families using a variety of modalities and in accordance with professional standards and clinical policies and practices and educates and provides consultation to patient, families and healthcare professionals.
• Provides leadership to the interdisciplinary team in care planning for the effective utilization of patient resources and participates as a member of local committees and planning bodies to identify areas for improved efficiency and effectiveness in service delivery to enhance patient care services and reduce gaps in the community.
• Develops, coordinates and delivers in-services, presentations, psycho-educational and support groups and initiates, develops and carries out research activities in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
Shifts of work are Tuesday-Wednesday 08:00 to 15:48 and every other Friday 08:00 to 16:00. This relief part time position will end July 8, 2020. There is additional casual work available to supplement the hours of this position.
Excellent benefits! Opportunity to maximize your skills! An organization where you have room to grow in a place where life outside of work is just as important to us as it is to you. Apply today!
- Masters Degree of Social Work from an accredited school of Social Work.
- One year’s recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Current valid BC Driver’s License.
More search results
Social Worker – Rainbow Valley CHC (Part Time 3 D…
Rainbow Valley Community Health Centre
Counsellor – Violence Against Women Program
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre
Child Protection Worker Career Opportunities
BC Public Service Agency