Reporting to the Clinical Services Manager, the Client Services Supervisor will be responsible for program planning, effective coordination of services, and interagency and community development. Additionally, the Client Services Supervisor will supervise staff within the larger community mental health treatment team. They will also provide clinical supervision and oversight in the program and with staff. The Client Services Supervisor will be a member of the York management team.
Duties & Responsibilities (are not limited to):
- Hires, coaches, informs staff evaluation, and ensures appropriate staff training.
- Provides clinical supervision and oversight to the Clinical team.
- Liaises with relevant community stakeholders and maintains ongoing contact with community partners.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or a Health-Related Discipline with a minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience is preferred.
- Foundational DBT training and experience is preferred. Kinark will provide DBT training.
- Must be registered and in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) as a Social Worker, or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
- Must be eligible and able to perform Psychotherapy as defined under the act.
- A minimum of 2-5 years relevant experience working in a mental health setting, is required
- Previous leadership experience will be considered an asset.
- Demonstrated expertise in understanding the importance of child/family assessment, family, group and individual therapy interventions, case management, and working with inter-disciplinary teams.
- Solid understanding of evidence-based practice and experience working with complex children/families.
- Computer literacy and effective report writing abilities.
- Enthusiasm, versatility and adaptability.
- Excellent communication, organizational, engagement and sustainability skills.
- Travel is required for this position; the successful incumbent must have a valid Ontario driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to obtain automobile insurance which includes driving for business purposes with a minimum liability of one million dollars.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check (including a Vulnerable Sector Screening) and Pre-Employment Medical.
- Candidates Bilingual in English and French will be given special consideration.