The Housing First Case Worker (HFCW) reports to the Manager, Housing Services of North House. The HFCW is responsible for the overall development and operation of the Housing First Program at North House.
The HFCW position requires clear leadership qualities with a strong self-initiative, willingness to accept accountability, to work with little guidance, to project an image of professionalism, to be an example to others and to be supportive of the whole team.
- Social Worker or Social Service Worker diploma from an accredited College or University (BSW or SSW from an accredited College or University
- Member in good standing of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW) or must be able to obtain membership within the first three months of employment
- Minimum of 3 years recent experience in the area of housing placement and or social work
- Knowledge of the Residential Tenancies Act is an asset
- Work within the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice as set out by the OCSWSSW
- Should be open to constructive criticism and be able to provideprofessional
feedback and evaluations in areas of responsibility.
- Must demonstrate a mature level of professionalism in all areas of their work environment.
- A level of creativity is required to generate new ideas, proposals andprocedures.
- Possess knowledge and have core competencies in the history ofhomelessness.
- Understand the poverty impact on life, affordable housing, mental health, health, addictions and treatment, harm reduction, housing and tenancy legislation andincome and supportbenefits.
- Has a working knowledge of corrections, domestic violence, addictions and mental health.
- Is able to agree to the mission, vision and values of North House.
- Provide a vulnerable sector police record check with a negative return.
- Has practical knowledge of motivational interviewing and active listening.
- Understands the need to respect privacy andconfidentiality.
- Is compassionate, patient and a practitioner of good self care.
- Educate key stakeholders and community organizations about the benefits of thehousing firstapproach.
- Perform intake assessments for housing first program candidates
- Assist program participants in housing search andprocurement.
- Attend rental viewings to ensure living accommodation is safe, suitable and affordable
- Collaborate with the program participant in the formulation of a comprehensiveservice plan that is reviewed and modified with the program participant on a regularbasis.
- Perform in-home visits with programparticipants to work toward agree upon goals and teach life skills once housed and stabilized.
- Provide outreach, case management, counselling, advocacy and other needed servicesto clients.
- To maintain a case load of 10 individuals who are of high acuity and are experiencing chronic homelessness
- Transport clients strictly for rental viewings, medical appointments and grocery.
- Maintain written and computerized records, compile reports and complete program documentation (including case notes, statistics, letters, acuity ratings,etc.)
- Assist program participants to manage their money to ensure housingstability.
- Coordinate/monitor referrals to mainstream communityservices.
- Educate, inform and advocate for program participants regarding benefitsand entitlements etc.).
- Work with a multi-disciplinary, multi-agency team to provide desired social and clinical services to program participants.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatorystandards.
- Assist program participants towards self-sufficientliving.
- Other related work asassigned.
The North House main office is in Uxbridge. Due to North House’s service delivery requirements, the incumbent will be required to work at any of the North House satellite locations throughout North Durham Region. Travel within the Durham Region catchment area is expected.
More search results
Crisis Line / Seniors Safety Line Relief Counsell…
Assaulted Women's Helpline
Care Coordinator - Hospital
Home & Community Care Support Services HNHB
Counsellor, Financial Empowerment
WoodGreen Community Services
Social Worker /Travailleuse sociale ou travailleu…
Ministry of the Solicitor General
The Ottawa Hospital