Family and Children’s Services of Frontenac, Lennox and Addington is currently recruiting for a number of permanent and contract Family Services Workers.
Positions are available at our Napanee, Sharbot Lake, Sydenham and Kingston offices.This position is responsible to provide protection services to at risk children and their families and to carry out the mandate of the Child and Family Services Act in accordance with the prescribed guidelines and regulations to ensure child safety and positive outcomes. They are responsible for developing assessments and service plans in collaboration with families including Kin and community services. In this role, the emphasis is on obtaining comprehensive information about the child and family that will inform subsequent decisions and planning processes. The incumbent is required to maintain client records and will be responsible for completion of case documentation, social histories, correspondence, and legal documents.
- Master or Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a related field with a minimum of 3 years of related experience in a professional helping role working with families and children
- Knowledge of the Child and Family Services Act and Ministry of Children and Youth Services’ standards
- Excellent counseling and negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence with access to a vehicle
- Family and counseling experience
- Preference is given to candidates who are Authorized Workers, - (Completion of OACAS courses)
- Child Protection Information Network (CPIN) experience an asset
- Excellent organization and writing skills
- Proficiency in a Windows environment using Microsoft Office Suite and Windows Explorer
- Familiarity with other software such as e-mail programs, case recording software
- Proficiency in the French language is an asset. Candidates will be assessed
How to Apply:
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter quoting the title of position you wish to apply for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org Interested and qualified applicants are invited to apply in writing by April 26, 2021.
- Please include the title of the position in the subject line of the email.
- Please submit cover letter and resume as single attachment
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Agency will provide support in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that considers an applicant's accessibility needs. If you require accommodations during the interview process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com .
NOTE: We are a scent-free workplace.