CHILD AND FAMILY THERAPIST
Full-time temporary 18 months
$60,994 - $72,892 yearly
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with children, youth and their families by offering meaningful mental health treatments and services? Would you want to have the chance to make a difference in a child or teenager’s life by working with them and their families to determine and achieve their goals towards positive changes?
Children’s Mental Health Services is a Lead Agency overseeing programs and services across Hastings, Northumberland and Prince Edward Counties. At CMHS, we strive to offer seamless and meaningful mental health treatment services for children, youth and their families. Our staff are experienced in providing evidence based treatment to children, youth and families and we work with our clients and their family to set goals and achieve them together.
We are currently seeking a qualified Child and Family Therapist to join our Counselling and Therapy team to fill a temporary replacement for 18 months, starting as soon as possible.
As a Child and Family Therapist with our agency, you will be responsible to deliver a range of mental health services that include assessment, counselling, case management, crisis response, community development, and education activities. In this role, you will provide client centered child and family intervention services to young people, their families as well as to groups. As a member of our Counselling & Therapy team, you will work to ensure that service delivery is responsive to the community and consistent with the vision of the Organization, while fostering the development of an integrated service system for children and their families by being a strong local advocate on their behalf.
Education and certification
- Master’s level degree in Social Work, Psychology, or equivalent clinical graduate diploma. Consideration will be given to candidates with a Bachelor of Social Work with at least two years of work experience in a community-based children’s mental health facility and a commitment to complete a graduate clinical program;
- A registered member in good standing with the OCSWSSW or CRPO
We are seeking an individual who can demonstrate their capability to:
- Use professional judgement on a daily basis that reflects clinical best practices and quality standards within the parameters of organizational policies and procedures.
- Handle emergency, crisis and hostile behavior situations.
- Maintain control in difficult and frustrating situations.
- Maintain confidentiality and avoid conflict of interest.
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in the field of community based mental health services.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to child and family services/children’s mental health services.
- Demonstrated ability to form meaningful relationships with children, youth and parents or guardians.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Possess competent computer skills.
- Possess excellent telephone counselling skills and public relations skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to achieve service goals.
- Resourcefulness and flexibility to meet the needs of clients/families within the service.
- Due to Covid-19, this position is currently performed remotely offering virtual services. An office is available in our Belleville site location when in-person services are required.
- The hours of work are 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
- The salary range is from $60,994 to $72,892 annually
- The incumbent must be available to work flexible hours when required to align with the client needs
- This position is part of a bargaining unit
What we offer
- Employer paid Group insurance coverage including health care, vision and dental
- Employee retirement plan (optional)
- 3 weeks of annual paid vacation, 5 paid personal days and 3 paid days in December
- Employee Assistance Program
- Computer purchase program
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to Chantal Raymond, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
Children’s Mental Health Services values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If contacted regarding this available position, please advise the hiring committee member of the accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.