OASW continues to expand and deliver of exceptional education opportunities that support continuing competency and professional development of social workers across the province. We also look forward to launching a comprehensive research strategy in the year ahead. Our increased focus on professional development and research will provide relevant and timely learning opportunities for Ontario social workers while adding value for our 6500+ members. We are looking for a 12-24 month full-time Professional Development and Research Coordinator (contract) to join our team to support this exciting and growing portfolio. If you are a collaborative and engaging individual, we want to hear from you.
OASW is the voice of the social work profession in Ontario. We are focused on expanding awareness of the value of social workers and building relationships that foster engagement with current and future practitioners to strengthen the wide-ranging field of Social Work and the Association.
Delivery and Evaluation of Learning Opportunities (30%)
- Work with a collaborative team to launch new OASW professional development opportunities including online courses and webinars.
- Provide planning support for professional development opportunities including registration, budgeting, marketing, and sponsorship coordination.
- Compile learning evaluations and prepare post-session reports.
- Maintain spreadsheets related to education offerings and work within different systems to ensure we have accurate and timely records.
- Prepare enrollment statistic reports, on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
Research Support (30%)
- Provide ongoing research and administrative support/assistance including literature/file reviews and environmental scans
- Monitor and respond to requests for research promotion, partnerships and opportunities
- Assist with the collection, management, and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data in support of research and program evaluation initiatives
- As requested, provide research related data and reports to management in collaboration with consulting researchers
- Support with the promotion of research activities
Technical Support (40%)
- Provide operational support for synchronous and asynchronous professional development offerings
- Support learners with technical support and ensures exceptional learning experiences
- Minimum BSW Degree and registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role within a non-profit organization, education, research or association level work
- Experience supporting online meetings and trainings offered via a Learning Management System (e.g. Moodle, Brightspace) or webcasting programs (e.g. Zoom, GoToWebinar)
- Experience in both quantitative and qualitative research
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills, with knowledge of data analysis and statistics
- Demonstrated success in working well with people and teams and the ability to build positive relationships with faculty, researchers, learners, and stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Excellent writing, and communication skills
- Demonstrated great attention to detail, quality, and accuracy
- Excellent technical skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office, web-based applications (e.g. Content Management Systems), and online academic search engines (i.e. PsychINFO)
- Bilingual in French/English is a large asset
- Ability to work in a virtual environment and travel regularly to the main office in Toronto
This position reports to the Professional Development and Education Manager.