- Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
- $63,364 to $74,056 per annum
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Social Work
- Job Type
Three (3) Full-time salaried positions
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre (PQWCHC) is a dynamic, community-based health care organization serving mid-west downtown Toronto. Offering a broad range of services including primary health care, dental care, harm reduction, health promotion, counselling, and community development programming, we are also committed to serving people who face barriers to health care, and we strive to reduce these barriers. PQWCHC is a multi-sited organization.
Reporting to the Manager of Mental Health Services, you will provide short term clinical counselling and occasional case management to address the mental health needs and social determinants of health for marginalized clients. You will work with, adults, couples and families including members of racialized or LGBTQ communities. Consistent with your training and experience, you will conduct therapeutic assessments and provide appropriate treatment based on your case formulation using a trauma-informed motivational interviewing approach along with other evidence-based modalities.
As a PQWCHC team member you will participate in clinical supervision and agency meetings. Your responsibilities will also include maintaining timely and appropriate electronic documentation and participate in the overall activities of the Health Centre (training, committees, special events, etc.).
Leveraging your experience, you will also work with other service providers to address gaps in service or required services and liaise with community agencies and institutions regarding issues relevant to client needs.
Your profile as a registered Counsellor will include:
- Graduate degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university.
- Member in good standing with the OCSWSSW or CRPO.
- Three to five years of counselling experience, preferably in a community health setting.
- Proficiency in mental health assessment and counseling techniques that are trauma-informed and strength-resiliency-based.
- Experience working with the LGBTQ and/or racialized population.
- Experience providing support or treatment to adults with significant mental health/trauma/addiction challenges.
- Knowledge of and experience in motivational interviewing and staged matched interventions.
- Formal training and experience with a variety of responsive treatment interventions (e.g., brief therapy, CBT, DBT, motivational interviewing techniques, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and various software applications.
- Proficiency in another language is considered an asset.
Salary Range: $63,364 to $74,056 per annum with HOOPP and benefits
If you are interested in joining a creative and dedicated team to make things better, we want to hear from you. Please send your resume and cover letter in a single document (MS Word or PDF format only) to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting “Counsellor” in the subject line. The deadline for application is April 30th, 2021.
We truly appreciate your interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please also note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal reference check as a condition of employment.
PQWCHC is committed to the principles of access and equity. PQWCHC is committed to building an organization that reflects the diversity of communities we serve. We encourage applications from members of Indigenous, Black and other racialized communities; Two-Spirit, nonbinary, LGBTQ people; people with disabilities; and members of other equity seeking groups. Accommodations are available on request. Parkdale Queen West CHC is in full compliance of the Ontario Human Rights Code and does not discriminate on the ground of records of offenses.