CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH WORKER
THE MISSISSAUGAS OF THE CREDIT FIRST NATION
is accepting applications for the permanent full time position of
“CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH WORKER”
Closing Date: March 18, 2021 at 12:00 Noon
Responsible for providing support to the community by identifying individuals who are in a high risk situation or expressing early signs and symptoms; providing individual/group counselling and service planning for children/youth up to 18 years of age, and assisting with the general unit administration.
Mandatory Requirements/Educational Qualifications
- University degree in Social Work, a member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers and five (5) years counseling experience working in Children’s Mental Health OR
- University degree in Psychology with five (5) years counseling experience working in Children’s Mental Health
Required Knowledge and Abilities
- Must have a class ‘G’ driver’s license and be willing to upgrade to a class ‘F’
- Solid background in computers, with specific knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have a satisfactory result from a Criminal Reference Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Screening
- Certification in First Aid and CPR, or the willingness to obtain by the end of the probationary period
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and occasional weekends
Hours/Salary: 37.5 Hrs. /Week $47,641.50-$67,837.50
Please submit your Cover Letter, Resume, Proof of Educational Qualifications, and three (3) current
References, with two of the references being work related if possible to:
The Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Attention: MCFN Personnel Committee
2789 Mississauga Rd.
Applications will also be accepted via fax at 905-768-1225 or via email to the address listed below.
A copy of the Job Description may be obtained at the Mississaugas of the Credit Band Administration Building or by email email@example.com
Miigwech to all applicants - only those selected for an interview will be contacted.