Full-Time Permanent Social Worker (Kindergarten – Grade 3)
$67,489 - $92,607
This position will support the social, emotional, behavioural, and mental health needs of students in kindergarten to grade three who are at risk of being suspended, while considering the effects of racial inequalities, social determinants of health, and trauma for these children. The goal is to support school and system leaders to identify and eliminate biases, systemic barriers and discriminatory practices. The successful applicant will provide professional learning for school staff focused on understanding and addressing student behaviour, promoting consistent understanding of mitigating factors and how students’ behaviour can be a manifestation of the circumstance they are trying to navigate. This position will act as a part of the educational team to build and maintain a caring and safe learning environment while applying trauma-sensitive and anti-oppressive approaches. To this end, you will participate in case conferences with community agencies, school personnel and guardians to develop support plans for at risk students in exceptional situations and assist families with accessing culturally and socially responsive community resources.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW)
- Registered and in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW)
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience in the role of a Social Worker in an educational, child welfare, medical/psychiatric or related setting
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license and have consistent use of a vehicle for travel throughout the district
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Understanding of the educational, social, mental health and wellbeing, and developmental needs of children in kindergarten to grade three.
- Knowledgeable and sensitive to the effects of racial inequalities, social determinants of health, and trauma on children in kindergarten to grade three.
- Awareness of a tiered approach to mental health supports.
- Be knowledgeable of de-escalation and self regulation strategies.
- Ability to display innovation in problem solving.
- Excellent analytical, assessment and intervention skills
- ASIST training considered an asset
- Understanding of relevant legal and confidentiality issues pertaining to children and youth.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills
- knowledgeable of the LDSB Progressive Discipline Policy & Equity Action Plan
- Be knowledgeable of Board policies, regulations, and procedures.
- Training and experience in Cognitive and/or Dialectial Behavioural Therapy an asset
How to Apply
The Limestone District School Board, located on the shores of Lake Ontario proudly serves approximately 19,206 students at 51 elementary schools, 11 secondary schools, and Limestone Community Education Centres in the Townships Central Frontenac, Addington Highlands, North Frontenac, South Frontenac, Loyalist and Stone Mills, as well the Town of Greater Napanee and Kingston and the Islands.
For details about the Board and/or the application process, visit: www.limestone.on.ca/employment
Interested applicants are asked to submit an application package that includes a resume, cover letter outlining how you see yourself in Limestone, and proof of qualifications. Packages must be submitted by 12:00 p.m. March 15, 2021 to the attention of Laura Conboy, Mental Health Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accommodations will be provided to applicants to enable equitable participation in the recruitment process.
Limestone District School Board is situated on traditional territories of the Anishinaabe & Haudenosaunee.
More search results
Disability Consultant (Term)
University of Toronto, Scarborough
Ministry of the Solicitor General
Social Worker, Concurrent Disorders Services
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
Community Program Manager
Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
Clinical Manager - Children Youth and Families
The Counselling Group (JFS Ottawa)