Clinical Social Worker, MSW
Individual, Couple & Family Therapy
ABOUT THE JOB:
We are looking for an experienced, knowledgeable, highly skilled therapist in individual, couple and family therapy, to join our private practice as a contract associate.
This is a part-time psychotherapist position of 2 days per week. More days may be added to the position as time goes on. 1-2 evenings, at least 1 weekend day & weekday hours are required. Our beautiful offices are located in Mid-town Toronto, however, due to COVID-19, we have moved to a Virtual On-Line Practice
WHAT DR. KAFFKO & ASSOCIATES OFFERS:
We offer a collaborative psychotherapy private practice, bringing together extensive, specialized clinical experience in a broad spectrum of emotional, behavioral, and family mental health problems and disorders.
We see INDIVIDUALS of all ages experiencing a range of mental health concerns, such as:
-ANXIETY, manifesting in different presentations, that can disrupt everyday life, leaving the individual feeling out of control & unable to engage in positive & meaningful activities
-DEPRESSION distorting an individual’s sense of self, leaving them with self-doubt, despair & hopelessness
-TRAUMA, whether it originated through a physical, emotional or psychological injury, trauma can affect a person’s self-esteem, ability to form healthy relationships, & stand in the way of forming a positive & happy life
-LOSS & GRIEF can take many forms: mental, physical & socially isolating. Losing someone or something that was an important part of one’s life, can be debilitating
-LOW SELF-ESTEEM experienced as feeling like a failure & unworthy & sometimes leading them into bad situations where they are treated poorly
-STRESS FROM WORK/LIFE BALANCE, overloading the individual with the numerous roles they are responsible for, leaving them with feelings of guilt & anger, impacting on work, home, family, friends & physical health
-LGBTQ+ Issues, struggling with positive self-identification, integration, acceptance & queer couples’ issues
We see COUPLES to help partners better understand themselves & each other, creating a safe environment to explore issues such as trust, value differences, communication styles, sexual relationship, co-parenting. We also offer:
-FERTILITY COUNSELLING, addressing the physical, emotional & psychological toll fertility treatment takes on the individuals & the couple’s relationship.
-SEX THERAPY, helping couples resolve sexual difficulties, such as performance anxiety or relationship problems.
-SEPARATION COUNSELLING as a means for moving on from the relationship, closure towards letting go & separating.
We see CHILDREN, ADOLESCENTS & FAMILIES who face struggles with school, peers, family relationships & life in general. Parents, who may find themselves in the Sandwich Generation, between the large needs of their children, the co-parenting conflicts & the increasing dependency of their elderly parents, often benefit from family therapy.
-FAMILY MEDIATION involves the important decisions that needs to be made by parents who usually are both hurting & in conflict. These agreements that are reached focus on the children & the best needs of the family
To learn more please visit: http://www.drkarenkaffko.com/
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POSITION:
- Strong clinical Experience & Expertise in psycho-social assessment and treatment of individual clients of all ages, with a range of psychological problems; including anxiety disorders, depression, interpersonal difficulties, grief/loss and trauma.
- Excellent skills in providing evidence-based, processed-oriented psychodynamic models of therapy for both short & long term treatment plans.
- Proven training & experience in CBT & other cognitive therapies, Couple & Family therapies.
- Advanced experience & training working with children & adolescents (and their families) with unique & complex needs.
- Demonstrated experience working with couples similar to the couples who come to our clinic for Couple Enrichment, Conflict Resolution, Communication-Systemic problems in the family, Separation Counselling or Family Mediation.
- It is an asset, if the candidate has training in Mindfulness Meditation
- It is an asset, if the candidate has training in Sex Therapy
- It is an asset, if the candidate has training in Family Mediation
- Exceptional verbal & writing abilities & can effectively work in a telehealth/virtual care delivery mode.
- Empathetic, patient, motivating & excel at fostering a trusting relationship with your clients.
- Ability to write professional clinical reports & letters.
- Demonstrated commitment to own professional development & ongoing education.
- Proof of Malpractice Liability Insurance required
- Master's degree in Social Work (M.S.W.) or Master’s degree in Counselling Psychology (M.A.- Psychological Associate) or Ph.D. in Psychology (Psychologist)
- (Current member in good standing) Registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Services Workers (OCSWSSW) or the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO) is mandatory.
- For Psychological Associates or Psychologists, Registration with the College of Psychologists of Ontario to work with children, adolescents and adults of all ages.
- Knowledge and competency in maintaining confidentiality of client information according to FIPPA and PHIPA legislation
- 7 years or more in practical and clinical counselling experience in the assessment and provision of appropriate psychotherapeutic intervention, with individuals, couples & families, with a variety of conditions that impact overall functional abilities.
- Ability to work over the phone and web-based video-conferencing, Knowledgeable use of Virtual Counselling software.
- Please submit a resume & cover letter describing your goals for your career, strengths regarding the client group you most like working with, professional interests & approaches to treatments.
- All new hires will be required to obtain a Police Records Check as a pre-condition of employment
- We appreciate all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Please send all correspondents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note you must reside in Toronto, Ontario to be considered for this job
More search results
Social Worker, Concurrent Disorders Services
Ontario Shores Centre for Mental Health Sciences
Community Program Manager
Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services
Clinical Manager - Children Youth and Families
The Counselling Group (JFS Ottawa)
CHILDREN’S MENTAL HEALTH WORKER
Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation
Crisis Intervention Worker
William Osler Health System