Registered Social Worker
- Northern Ontario
- Commensurate with qualifications & experience
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Social Work
- Job Type
Our organization is excited to announce upcoming contract opportunities for social workers interested in working with indigenous communities in northern Ontario.
Dalton Associates is a province-wide psychological and interdisciplinary mental health organization offering psychological and mental health counselling, psychological assessment services, psychological and mental health rehabilitation services, and autism and behavioural services; all led by mental health professionals. In recent years, we have developed several partnerships with organizations, corporations, government agencies, and communities to ensure greater accessibility of psychological and mental health services in the province.
Specifically, over the past two years, we have been honoured to develop strong partnerships with indigenous communities, health authorities, and regional councils in northern Ontario to support the development of regional and local mental health and wellness programs that are tailored to the unique needs of the communities. These partnerships have included direct clinical services (psychological assessments and counselling services), as well as mental health program development that take a community-led, capacity-development and resilience-building approach.
As our partnerships with these communities continue to develop, we are looking for qualified social workers to join our clinical teams. Preference will be given to social workers who have personal and professional knowledge and experience working with Ontario’s remote indigenous communities.
Responsibilities may include:
- Attending remote indigenous communities for one (1) to two (2) weeks at a time, to provide mental health and wellness services in-person;
- Trauma-informed, client-focused, strengths-based counselling to members of the community who have been referred;
- Support for the referral, triaging and case management process within the community;
- Coordinate with community-based service providers to ensure continuity of services;
- Connect clients with additional supports internal and external to the community, as applicable;
- Clinical and administrative documentation;
- Provide training and capacity development opportunities for community-based providers;
- Provide psycho-educational groups and workshops for children, adolescents, and adults on a variety of topics determined to be of relevance in the community; and,
- Communication, administration, teleconference and/or in person meeting attendance, etc. throughout the month, as required.
- Master of Social Work degree
- Personal and/or professional experience living/working in remote indigenous communities in Ontario
- Experience providing individual, couple and family counselling for a variety of ages
- High proficiency providing counselling using therapeutic approaches that are trauma-informed, resilience-building, strengths-based, and culturally-attuned
- Experience developing and facilitating groups and workshops
- Experience engaging communities, and building relationships and rapport
- Experience providing crisis support services, including triaging and counselling
- Strong administrative skills, including documentation, record-keeping, etc.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Able to work independently, and as part of a team
- Demonstrated high computer proficiency, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), with the ability to learn and utilize electronic health record management systems as required
Contract Terms: Part-time, independent contractor position
Compensation: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Michelle Goldsworthy, MSW, RSW
Manager of Program Operations and Privacy
Dalton Associates, Accessible Mental Health Services
We appreciate your interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Records Check.
More search results
Markham Stouffville Hospital
Team Manager - VAW and Counselling
Western Ottawa Community Resource Centre
Patient Care Specailist
Melanoma Network of Canada