Full Time Social Worker/ Psychotherapist, Specialty Programs
Mental Health Clinician: Social Worker or Psychotherapist
About the job
Layla empowers Canadians to take greater control of their mental health, bridging the gap between wanting care and getting it. Through a client-centered approach, we make it faster and simpler for individuals, couples and families to connect with the right therapist or mental health resources.
About the Opportunity
As part of Layla’s new Specialty Programs unit, we are looking for skilled mental health clinicians to join our team. The therapists will work within a new partnership with a large community-based healthcare organization. The partnership will provide timely and high-quality assessment and treatment to individuals seeking services from the program. This is an exciting opportunity for a clinician looking to develop their assessment, personalized treatment planning, and treatment skills. This position will be clinically supervised by a Psychologist.
This is a full-time staff role working weekdays, with some requirement for late start/early evening hours (2 days per week through 7pm).
This role is entirely remote and all interviewing and training will be done remotely as well. In-person meetings (in GTA) may be required every now and then (expected less than a few times per year). Travel expenses - if applicable - to be covered by the company. Interested applicants from anywhere in Ontario are welcome to apply.
Key Accountabilities & what you will be doing
- Conduct clinical assessments of clients
- Provide evidence-based psychotherapy treatment to clients to support their psychological needs, recovery, and progress towards a full return to work
- Write high quality assessment and discharge reports on a strict timeline
- Write high quality treatment reports on a regular schedule
- Participate in regular clinical supervision as well as interdisciplinary clinical rounds
- Keep organized and professional treatment records
- Collaborate with clinical and admin team members internally and within partner organization in an environment focused on client care and process effectiveness
- License: Licensed psychotherapy provider in Ontario, registered in good standing as an MSW or RP.
- Training: Masters-level training in Social Work (Clinical Focus), Clinical/Counseling Psychology, or a related field from a reputable institution. Additional training related to mental health is an asset
- Experience: 2+ years of post-graduate experience. Extensive experience working with anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Clinical Approach: Strong knowledge and experience with evidence-based treatment methods (e.g. CBT, DBT and/or EMDR). Demonstrated cultural competency/use of Anti-Oppressive Practice; Strong interpersonal skills including building strong therapeutic alliances, genuineness, and collaboration and consensus-building with clients
- Organizational Skills: Strong attention to detail and organization; ability to deliver and interest in creating high quality reports with high levels of efficiency and accuracy; Comfortable using technology
- Personal Characteristics: A demonstrated strong commitment to a collaborative care model; Acts with diligence, reliability, and commitment to their work; Adaptable and quick study of updates to systems and workflow; High tolerance for change in a growing and evolving organization and environment
- Ability to interact with clients in French (or other language abilities) not required, but considered an asset
- Access to a private space to conduct client sessions, phone, and reliable internet connection
- Attractive clinical role with extensive Psychologist supervision
- Integrated care environment collaborating with the partner's extended healthcare staff
- Remote work, some level of schedule autonomy and flexibility
- Comprehensive Benefits - health, dental, vision for you and your family
- Generous vacation and wellness day policies
Base Pay Range
For more information about the role and the new program/partnership or to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the hiring process. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an introductory call.
More search results
MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST – 14 Month Contract Posit…
Dufferin Area Family Health Team
Housing Support Worker 1.0 FTE 12 Month Contract …
Dufferin Area Family Health Team
Full Time Mental Health Therapist
Dryden Regional Health Centre
Manager/PPL Social Work, initial assignment in Am…
Addiction Services for York Region