Assistant Coordinator, Social Work & Attendant Services
Position: Assistant Coordinator, Social Work & Attendant Services
Work Location: Centre for Leadership and Learning (300 Harry Walker Parkway South, Newmarket, ON, L3Y 8E2)
Salary Rate: $69,710 - $100,465
Work Schedule: 35 hours/week (full-time)
Number of Positions: 1 (One)
Application Deadline: June 4, 2018
Thank you for your interest in the Assistant Coordinator, Social Work & Attendant Services position with the York Region District School Board. In compliance with the Board’s policies and procedures, responsible for supporting the work of Social Work and Attendance Services to provide service to YRDSB schools, staff and the YRDSB community.
- To maintain an active knowledge of the Social Work and Attendance Services needs of students in the Board and work collaboratively with the Chief of Social Work and Attendance Services to plan and implement department services to meet these needs in accordance with the Board’s Special Education Plan.
- To provide services to schools as described in the position descriptions for Social Work and Attendance Services.
- To assist with the allocation of school assignments and duties to Social Work and Attendance Services staff members.
- To assist in the interviewing/hiring of new Attendance and Social Work Services staff members.
- To assist with supervision of Social Work and Attendance Services staff.
- To provide consultation to existing staff members and mentor new Social Work and Attendance Services staff members with issue related to providing services within the Board context (i.e. supervision on problem solving case issues, navigating crisis services and/or response for student well-being, coordination of inter-disciplinary/agency response to support student mental health needs and/or crisis, attendance reporting processes etc.).
- To work collaboratively with other professionals who are involved in the provision of special education or general educational services to students within the Board (e.g. Psychology, Student Success Teachers, etc.).
- To work collaboratively with other Student Services and other YRDSB departments to support system policy, initiatives and priorities (e.g. Alternative Education, Supervised Alternative Learning, Mental Health Strategy, Tragic Events Response Team and Threat Assessment leadership).
- To contribute to the development and review of Board policies and procedures specific to Social Work and Attendance Services as assigned by the Superintendent of Student Services, the Principals of Student Services and the Chief of Social Work and Attendance Services, as well as support the interpretation of these policies/procedures to Social Work and Attendance Services staff members.
- To assist with the development, coordination and delivery of various professional learning activities for teachers, support staff, parents and other Board personnel including Social Work and Attendance Services staff.
- To assist with the development of internal processes/requirements for service delivery as required by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
- To carry out other duties as assigned by the Superintendent of Student Services, the Principals of Student Services, and the Chief of Social Work and Attendance Services.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Master’s degree in Social Work is required or equivalent, as approved by the Board.
- A registered member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers in good standing is required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in social work with counselling, case management and case coordination is required.
- Specialized knowledge of children’s mental health, anti-oppressive practice, evidence based and informed practices in school based mental health service delivery, and The Education Act is required.
- Must possess a valid Ontario Driver’s License and have access to own transportation.
(Draft: April 2018)
Please Note: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), the York Region District School Board strives to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Recruitment and Retention Team in advance of attending the interview/practicum.
As a condition of employment, successful candidates will be required to submit a current original Police Vulnerable Sector Check from the police jurisdiction in which they reside prior to commencing employment with the Board. Police Vulnerable Sector Check documents are only valid if issued within the last six months. Candidates are not advised to obtain this document prior to an offer of employment.
On-line applications are collected centrally at the Education Centre - Aurora and are monitored by Human Resource Services. Only candidates selected to participate in our selection process will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.