Full-Time Health Outreach Worker
Full-Time Health Outreach Worker
For more than 30 years, the London InterCommunity Health Centre has provided health and social services to those who experience barriers to care including poverty, homelessness, language or culture, and complex and/or chronic health conditions including mental health and addictions. Today, with four busy clinics in three of London’s most under-served regions, the organization is viewed as a community leader in newcomer health, care of marginalized women, issues of health equity, client-led service development and the advancement of partnerships that improve access to vital services for people who are at the margins in our community. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have maintained our operations in a centralized location and innovated new ways to continue to support our staff and clients through this difficult time with minimal interruption to our service delivery.
About the Position
The Health Centre is looking for a Health Outreach Worker to support client care. This role works as a part of an interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, physiotherapists, dietitians, community developers and support staff, specializing in the areas of mental health, housing, income supports, food security, community engagement, chronic diseases, etc.
Our goal is to address the needs of Londoners who experience barriers to accessing care and services and have complex mental health, substance use and/or social issues. This position offers a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of those impacted by homelessness, mental illness, substance use, poverty, complex and chronic health conditions.
The successful candidate will act with professionalism and courtesy toward clients, the general public and colleagues, and will demonstrate the integral qualities of excellent customer service in order to provide high quality care aligned with the values of the Health Centre.
This full-time position typically works Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week, with some evening and weekend flexibility required.
- Post-secondary education in social services and/or experience providing education/support/counseling
- Direct experience with communities at risk
- Committed to harm reduction (i.e. meet people where they are at, absence of judgment)
- Have working knowledge and experience of complex client care planning
- Committed to working with clients who experience homelessness, substance use disorder, mental health challenges, social isolation, and civic exclusion
- Have working knowledge and experience with both individual and systemic advocacy
- Three (3) years’ experience working within the harm reduction model of service delivery
- Knowledge and experience with the Social Determinants of Health
- Have excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills with strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate strong organizational, time management skills with strong computer and data management skills
- Knowledge of different substances and how they may impact a person’s behaviour
- Trained and experienced in crisis intervention/de-escalation
- Knowledge of community resources and London social service agencies
Nice to Haves:
- French and other language skills are considered an asset in supporting the communities we serve
- Basic First AID, CPR, Mental Health First AID
What’s in it for you:
With a strong focus on employee well-being and development, LIHC is proud to support our staff with a well-structured compensation plan:
- A competitive salary
- 100% employer-paid health and dental benefits
- Participation in the Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
- Paid sick and emergency time to tend to self and family care
- Paid vacation time
- Paid time to promote mental well-being and prevent burnout
- Paid professional development time and funds to support your career goals
- Numerous interdisciplinary training opportunities to promote growth in your role
How to Apply:
If you feel you are the right person for this role, please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the position title in the subject line of the email. Please also indicate in the body of the email where you learned of this opportunity.
*With consideration for the COVID-19 pandemic, interviews may be conducted in-person with appropriate physical distancing or online via Zoom to best meet Public Health Guidelines and the needs of the selected candidates. If the use of Zoom presents a barrier for candidates, alternate methods can be arranged.*
Submissions will only be accepted until November 22, 2020.
The Health Centre is committed to hiring staff that reflect the diversity of the clients and community that we serve.
Should you require accommodation in making an application please contact our office. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted.
To learn more about the Health Centre visit us online at www.lihc.on.ca, follow us on Twitter @HealthCentre or like us on Facebook – London InterCommunity Health Centre.
More search results
Clinical Social Worker, MSW, for Counselling/Psyc…
Therapy Heals Psychotherapy and Counselling Services
Professional Practice Leader, Social Work - Acade…
North York General Hospital
Social Worker – Holocaust Survivor Services (Russ…
Jewish Family and Child Service
Restore Balance - Psychological and Counselling Services