Temporary Social Worker Effective immediately to June 25, 2021 with the possibility of extension
The Limestone District School Board, located on the shores of Lake Ontario, proudly serves approximately 19,000 students at 57 schools and 8 education centres covering 7,719 square kilometres in the Townships of Central Frontenac, Addington Highlands, North Frontenac, South Frontenac, Loyalist and Stone Mills, as well the Town of Greater Napanee and Kingston and the Islands.
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be responsible for prioritizing the continuity of remote student mental health and well-being supports and services to assist students in their development of a healthy sense of well-being and in their ability to maximize their academic achievement. In consultation and collaboration with school teams, families, and community partners, you will provide direct virtual service to students enrolled in the virtual school (grades 6-12) with a focus on equity of access to socially and culturally responsive supports to address mental health concerns. In this capacity you will consult with schools on the assessment of high-risk students, including threat assessment and suicide risk assessment, providing intensive level of support and intervention on behalf of high-risk students, providing individual and group evidence-based interventions to support student mental health, as well as providing intervention and support to students, families, and school personnel in the aftermath of a crisis and/or traumatic event. The successful candidate will maintain progress notes regarding referred students and ensure that school board files are up to date. They will also participate in research and evaluation related to student mental health, substance misuse and well-being.
Qualifications & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (M.S.W)
- Registered and in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers (OCSWSSW).
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience in the role of a social worker in an educational, child welfare, medical/psychiatric or related setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of student-centered wellness strategies that can minimize the impacts of remote learning.
- Have solid working knowledge of the effects of racial inequalities, social determinates of health, and barriers relating to disability, including mental illness and addictions.
- Excellent analytical, assessment and intervention skills are required.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member to solve school adjustment, social-emotional and behavioral problems related to mental health of students.
- Training and experience in Cognitive and/or Dialectical Behaviour Therapy.
- Understanding of relevant legal and confidentiality issues pertaining to children and adolescents.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle to travel and provide service throughout the district.
- Awareness of a tiered approach to mental health supports for children and youth.
- Knowledge and implementation of school board policies, regulations, and procedures.
- ASIST training considered an asset.
If you are seeking a career where you will have the opportunity to work in a team environment providing support and assistance to an organization dedicated to educating and fostering the well-being of our youth, and you can see yourself in Limestone, please submit your resume package, including a cover letter addressed to Erika Reynolds, Human Resources Consultant - Support Staff, a resume outlining how your qualifications, skills and experience will facilitate your success in this position as well as proof of qualifications. Packages must be submitted by 4:00 p.m. Monday, November 30, 2020.
More search results
Child Protection Worker
Jewish Family and Child Service
Clinical Social Worker, MSW, for Counselling/Psyc…
Therapy Heals Psychotherapy and Counselling Services
Professional Practice Leader, Social Work - Acade…
North York General Hospital
Social Worker – Holocaust Survivor Services (Russ…
Jewish Family and Child Service