AYSP is a compassionate team of professionals dedicated to helping children, youth and families manage mental health and/or justice issues to realize their potential. We work from a client-centred, strength-based approach to engage all children, youth, and families in a manner which is culturally sensitive, non-judgmental and respectful. Working together with our service partners using a multi-systems perspective, AYSP provides services that are evidence-based and evidence-informed.
Our staff bring a wide range of knowledge and professional experience from diverse backgrounds to our workplace. Our teams have a strong collaborative work ethic and we are committed to ongoing professional development to ensure a high quality of service. AYSP offers flexible work arrangements and a competitive salary and benefits program.
We are currently seeking a Counsellor to join our dynamic Counselling Program. The Counsellor provides goal-focused counselling for youth who are struggling with mental health issues, and at times their families. Ideal candidates should be passionate about serving youth and families, have superior interpersonal and communication skills, and are flexible, and compassionate!
In this permanent full-time, Bargaining Unit Position, incumbents are expected to:
- Devise and deliver goal-focused, trauma-informed assessments and treatment in partnership with youth, and at times their families, working toward improving functioning at home, school and in the community
- Provide case management support for youth, including working collaboratively with formal and informal support systems
- Have the ability to effectively design and implement crisis plans, to ensure safety within the home/school/community settings
- Maintain professional documentation, in the form of session summaries, assessments, progress reports and discharge summaries
- Provide statistical information related to the service provided to each client and participate in program evaluation
- Establish and maintain professional alliances with partner agencies/organizations
- Provide in person and/or virtual counselling services
- Work flexible hours related to the treatment needs of the clients, regular evening work will be required
- Provide service at multiple Probation sites in Halton
- Travel to external meetings within the Halton region will be occasionally required
Individuals with the following qualifications are invited to apply with their cover letter and resume to: https://secure.collage.co/jobs/aysp. This position will be posted until filled.
- Membership in good standing in the provincial regulating body of either the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario is required
- Bachelor of Social Work or related undergraduate degree; Master’s degree in Social Work preferred
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a counsellor working with youth and their families struggling with mental health issues
- 1 - 2 years of experience completing trauma assessments and implementing treatment
- Knowledge of and experience in the delivery of clinical interventions, including Trauma- informed Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Narrative Therapy. Family Therapy and Solution Focused Therapy
- Demonstrated ability to work with youth involved with the Youth Justice system
- Fluency in French or a language other than English is considered an asset
Salary Range: $46,461 – $55,551
AYSP is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from all cultures, abilities and sexual & gender identities. Applicants must be willing to demonstrate and adhere to a commitment to Anti-Oppressive and Anti-Racist principles, with the expectation that the framework be reflected in day to day work. AYSP will make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants with disabilities to participate in the interview process upon request. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only candidates being considered will be contacted.
Keywords: family therapist, youth worker, clinician, psychotherapist, social worker, mental health, child and family counsellor
More search results
Restore Balance - Psychological and Counselling Services
University of Toronto, Scarborough
Social Worker, Eating Disorders Program, Mental H…
Director of Programs & Public Policy: Ontario Bra…
The Kidney Foundation of Canada