Manager, Caregiver Wellness & Social Work
Program Overview – Caregiver Wellness & Social Work, Community Care
In Canada, unpaid caregivers provide about three quarters of all patient care and are important members of the care team. WoodGreen’s Caregiver Wellness program has a focus on supporting individuals with dementia and caregivers residing in community to take care of their own health and wellness and maintaining quality of life. Our Caregiver Wellness program provides a number of supportive programs for caregivers including: respite care, group therapy, personalized counselling, case management, psycho-education, care coordination/system navigation, and other activities to help caregivers problem-solve, prevent burnout, learn new strategies for self-care, and to improve their well-being as well as the individuals they are caring for. In addition, WoodGreen works together with partner organizations to create opportunities to connect with other caregivers and linkages to community resources.
What You Will Do
- Carries out management responsibilities for operating program areas in the portfolio, including planning and evaluation to ensure strategic unit directions and objectives are achieved.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with community partner agencies and collaborates with partners in meeting the goals, objectives, and targets as outline in Dementia Strategy initiative(s) led by WoodGreen Community Services.
- Works with other Managers to support the learning and ongoing education of program teams.
- Plans and implements ongoing awareness and promotional activities for programs.
- Assists the Director in the preparation and monitoring of the programs’ financial information and program budgets in conjunction with the administrative policies and procedures.
- Ensures the program areas statistical information systems operate within the organization’s management information systems policies and procedures.
- Ensures the recruitment and onboarding of qualified staff for program areas.
- Provides direct supervision of the Caregiver Wellness & Social Work program staff.
- Ensures that the organization’s collective agreement is implemented appropriately.
- In collaboration with the Director, ensures the planning and implementation of a staff development program.
- Ensures the effective utilization of volunteers and students throughout the program areas and ensures a program of support and training for them.
- In consultation with the Director, responds to community needs and ensures existing and new program development ideas will meet these needs.
- Ensures the anti-racism objectives and community development principles of the organization are achieved within the program.
What You Bring to the Team
- M.S.W. or Post-graduate degree in a related area and relevant experience.
- Certificate in Gerontology.
- Registration and in good standing with a regulatory body.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of management experience, preferably in the Community sector and working in a unionized environment.
What Will Set You Apart
- Thorough understanding of community sector, dementia care, caregiver support, etc.
- Solid knowledge of geriatric issues, community behaviour supports, caregiver programs and resources, etc.
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships with external and internal partners.
- Demonstrated experience in program development, financial management, and evaluation.
- Experience leading co-design initiatives is an asset.
- Strong conflict resolution, negotiation, and crisis prevention/intervention skills.
- Strong organizational and team building skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity to changing situations and needs.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
More search results
Restore Balance - Psychological and Counselling Services
University of Toronto, Scarborough
Social Worker, Eating Disorders Program, Mental H…
Director of Programs & Public Policy: Ontario Bra…
The Kidney Foundation of Canada