Social Worker, Yee Hong P. K. Kwok Hospice
Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care is a non-profit organization serving seniors in the Greater Toronto Area. As a recognized leader in providing excellent, culturally appropriate seniors’ care, Yee Hong continues to explore new ways of delivering services, promoting innovation, collaboration and a culture of quality throughout the organization. We are seeking a Social Worker for the first residential hospice in Scarborough.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the role of Social Worker is to advocate for each patient’s end-of-life wishes and help individuals address the emotional aspects of late-stage illnesses. The Social Worker also assists families in identifying other available local services and resources for additional support.
The Social Worker is responsible for the provision of social support and counselling service to patients and their family members in the Hospice, including psychosocial assessment, reevaluation, planning and intervention toward the concerns of quality of life, emotional support, resourcing for financial burden, and supports to death, grief, and bereavement, to residents and their family members in the hospice.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Social Work, and Registered Social Worker designation in Ontario
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in counselling or group work
- Experience with grief counselling/bereavement/Palliative/hospice care
- Keen understanding for death and dying in diverse communities
- Excellent communication skills, both writen and oral
- Good oral and written communication skills in English. Working knowledge of other languages will be of added advantage
- Light & Normal
While emergency orders and related legislative requirements are in effect, and in accordance with Yee Hong
Centre for Geriatric Care’s Pandemic, and Infection Prevention and Control policies, practices and protocols,
all successful applicants must be committed to work solely at Yee Hong Centre for Geriatric Care and may not
work for another health care, community care or retirement home employer until further notice.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled, with application review beginning September 24, 2020.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume in confidence, quoting reference number 20/RH/002 to:
Yee Hong Centre For Geriatric Care – Human Resources Fax: (416) 321-9894 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Yee Hong is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. If contacted for this employment opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodation.
- Successful applicants must provide a recent satisfactory vulnerable sector police reference check and medical clearance certificate
- For current Yee Hong employees, please indicate your Employee Number on the resume
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.