Mental Health Lead
Reporting to the Superintendent of School Effectiveness, the Mental Health Lead and members of the mental health team play a critical role in developing and facilitating the implementation of the Board’s strategic plan for Mental Health as well as supporting the Board’s overall strategic plan and Board Improvement plan for student achievement and well-being. The Mental Health Lead will work with a range of stakeholders, including school and system leaders, staff, students, parents and community partners to support these system priorities. For more information on the Ontario Mental Health Strategy, please visit smho-smso.ca and edu.gov.on.ca.
- A Mental Health professional with a minimum of 5 years of mental health service delivery experience working with children and youth (promotion, prevention, intervention)
- Successful completion of a Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Psychiatry; other equivalent educational backgrounds may be considered
- A regulated Health Professional and registered member in good standing of a related professional regulatory board in Ontario
- Ministry of Labour Certificate for Supervisor Health and Safety Awareness in 5 steps (available on-line)
- Knowledge of available community agencies and resources an asset
- Strong working knowledge of the Personal Health Information Protection Act
- Knowledge of federal, provincial, and local laws, statutes, and/or policies that relate to students and families; such as, child protection/child abuse, special education, attendance, education rights, and privacy
- Working knowledge of the Education Act
- Strong knowledge of the Mental Health Act
- Experience with supervision (case management) in the area of social work and/or mental health
- Experience working with school age children and youth
- Experience implementing evidence-based programming
- Excellent leadership skills
- Developed assessment, interviewing, and counselling skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to function effectively with administrators, staff, parents, students, outside agencies and others
- Ability to develop and present training sessions
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and to work effectively with a multi-disciplinary team
- Proficient computer skills, including word processing
- Excellent discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to provide regular attendance
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle
- Leadership experience an asset
- Current certification in Non Violent Crisis Intervention, First Aid, and CPR are assets
- Experience working within a school board setting is an asset
Salary range is $89,962 to $99,964, with a comprehensive benefit package.
For more information, please view our website at www.sudburycatholicschools.ca and contact Human Resources Services for a copy of the job description, which provides further details.
Please note that a satisfactory Police Record Check: Vulnerable Sector Check is a condition of employment.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply online at sudburycatholicschools.simplication.com. Please complete the information requested under the ‘Portfolio’ Tab including the contact information for three professional references, and attach a cover letter and resume no later than noon on September 28, 2020.
All applicants are thanked for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is being collected under the authority of the Education Act and will be used for employee recruitment and selection purposes. For questions about this collection of information, please contact Human Resources Services at (705) 673-5620.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, or if you have questions about this collection of information, please contact Human Resources Services at (705) 673-5620.
Thank you for your interest in Sudbury Catholic Schools.
More search results
Temporary Social Worker Effective immediately to…
Limestone District School Board
Customer Service Representative
Serbiana Software Ltd.
Hiseler, Kelly & Associates
MENTAL HEALTH CLINICIAN (French Language Services)
Canadian Mental Health Association Waterloo Wellington