Social Worker MSW
Grey Bruce Health Services is a multi-site health care corporation with six hospital locations across Grey and Bruce Counties. Located 2 hours north of Toronto on the shores of Georgian Bay and Lake Huron, Grey-Bruce offers the perfect combination of natural paradise and urban convenience, appealing to recreation and cultural enthusiasts’ alike. In order to provide excellent medical care close to home for the approximately 150,000 residents, Grey Bruce Health Services runs a large secondary-level acuity Hospital in Owen Sound, as well as five small rural Hospitals in Lion’s Head, Wiarton, Southampton, Markdale and Meaford, each offering 24-hour Emergency care and a range of inpatient and ambulatory services.
We are currently seeking qualified applicants for the full-time, permanent Social Worker MSW position.
Reporting to the Manager of Outpatient Mental Health Services, the MSW will implement and monitor services to meet the needs of individuals with significant mental health issues. The MSW must be able to function independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team and work cooperatively with multiple service providers. This position requires travel throughout the catchment area (Grey and Bruce Counties) to deliver programs and to meet the needs of clients. Responsibility for a case management caseload is required. This position is initially targeted to work in our Case Management Team with the understanding that the MSW is a member of Outpatient Mental Health Services and as such may be assigned to another program as needed.
- Master’s degree in Social Work and membership in the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and familiarity with DSM-V
- C.P.I. training up to date
- C.P.R. – basic certification
- Minimum 5 years recent experience working in the community with individuals with significant mental health issues
- Training and experience in Brief Solution-Focused Therapy
- Training and experience in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Training and experience in Single Session Therapy
- Training and experience in Group therapy
- Training and experience in Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Access to reliable transportation – traveling will be required
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team setting
- Ability to provide practicum supervision for students in the field
- Ability to work all shifts including weekends, and ability for multisite coverage if required
- Recent satisfactory attendance and performance
- Knowledge of and adherence to GBHS ‘CARE’ Behaviours (Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, Excellence)
- Advocates and supports a culture of patient safety and demonstrates an understanding of how the department service and assigned responsibilities contribute to overall patient safety at GBHS through patient safety knowledge, skills and attitudes
How to Apply: If you are interested in this dynamic career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume quoting competition number #251-20. You can do this by clicking apply.
Thank you for your interest in employment at Grey Bruce Health Services. Grey Bruce Health Services is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. All information collected for recruitment purposes only and will be held in strict confidence. Please notify Human Resources of any accommodation needs you may have during the recruitment and selection process. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Associated Youth Services of Peel (AYSP)
Manager, Caregiver Wellness & Social Work
WoodGreen Community Services
Bilingual Counselor, Ontario
Kids Help Phone
Bilingual Psychotherapist/Social Worker // Psych…
Centre de Santé Communautaire Hamilton/Niagara
The Ian Martin Group