“TOGETHER… A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY”
WAWA FAMILY HEALTH TEAM
Full Time Social Worker
The Wawa Family Health Team is seeking a full time Social Worker who is both self motivated and enjoys working collaboratively with a team of physicians and interdisciplinary health professionals to provide high quality patient-centred primary care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide primary mental health screening, assessment and treatment for mild to moderate mental health issues.
- Provide counseling for individuals and groups
- Assist patients and providers in identifying and connecting with appropriate health, social and community service providers and agencies
- Liaises with physicians and other Family Health Team members as required
- Assist patients with filling out forms and obtaining social and financial supports
- Case management, including links to the hospital and community services
- Develop, update and maintain educational resources for patients and providers
- Maintains confidentiality in the workplace and within the community
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Social Work
- Member in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Knowledge of local and regional community resources related to the provision of mental health and social services
- Demonstration of excellent clinical judgment, assessment, treatment, case management, program development, teaching, problem solving and decision making skills.
- 3 years community based experience preferred
- Proficient with an EMR system for charting preferred
- Valid Ontario Driver’s licence and access to a vehicle
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes Health and dental benefits.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume with three work related references, by mail, fax or email no later than 5:00 pm on Friday, November 22, 2019 to:
Wawa Family Health Team
We thank all applicants for their interest, however
only those selected for an interview will be contacted.