Family and Child Therapist positions available
The Phoenix Centre for Children and Families is a fully accredited and progressive children’s mental health centre in Renfrew County, a small, picturesque area west of Ottawa. The Agency is known for its innovative programs and practices; as well as its supportive and positive work environment. We are inviting applications for full and part-time Family and Child Therapist positions to provide therapy for individuals or groups regarding psychological, emotional problems or family situations and develop and implement therapeutic treatment plans. Positions are on a contract basis with possibility of extension or permanency.
- Interviews client to obtain information concerning medical history or other pertinent information and is able to create both an individual and family assessment.
- Observes client to detect indications of abnormal physical or mental behaviour.
- Makes appropriate referrals to specialists when required and is able to provide relevant data to support the need for a referral as well as to assist the specialist in their work.
- Reviews results of tests to evaluate client needs.
- Plans and provides a wide range of therapeutic interventions with individuals, couples, families and groups.
- Changes method and degree of therapy when indicated by client reactions.
- Evaluates and discusses progress toward goals with client.
- Consults with other specialists and collaterals concerning treatment plan and amends plan as required.
- Able to identify and respond appropriately to crisis.
- Refers client to supportive services to supplement treatment and counseling.
- Completes all clinical and administrative reports/documents as required.
- Participates in assigned team(s)
- M.S.W. or equivalent with minimum two years’ experience
- Bilingualism a definite asset
- Familiarity with a range of evidence based treatment modalities and approaches
Salary to be determined based on education and experience. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.