Eastern Ontario Resource Centre Director
EASTERN ONTARIO RESOURCE CENTRE DIRECTOR: PART-TIME PERMANENT (25 hours per week)
- An experienced social worker with a passion for supporting clients?
- Interested in working for a growing national charity?
- Outgoing, adaptable, and organized?
The Huntington Society of Canada (HSC) is a leading Canadian charity dedicated to a world free from Huntington disease (HD). For 47 years, HSC has strived for excellence by providing practical help for families coping with HD, increasing national and international awareness of HD, advocating for public policy change, and investing in innovative Canadian biomedical and clinical research to slow and prevent this disease.
We are a dynamic and supportive team that enriches our staff with professional development opportunities. Together, we are part of a well-funded, stable organization with a team that plans to expand, in order to create a better future for those impacted by HD.
As the EASTERN ONTARIO RESOURCE CENTRE DIRECTOR, you will be part of the national Family Services team. The Eastern Ontario Resource Centre covers regions east of Deep River, Ottawa/Carleton as well as the Kingston and Belleville Regions.
This is a permanent, part-time (25 hours per week) position reporting to the HSC Director of Family Services (National Office). Working out of your home office located in or near Ottawa, travel is required across the Resource Centre geographical regions (delivery of service in the Kingston and Belleville areas is provided by a part-time HSC Family Services Worker).
As a member of the HSC national Family Services team, you will be responsible for facilitating a process whereby people living with Huntington disease (HD), their caregivers and family members understand and adjust to the changes and losses brought about by HD, and as a result, maximize the quality of their lives. You will work with professionals and volunteers to ensure HSC clients have access to a full continuum of services to meet their unique needs.
The responsibilities of the social worker will include outreach for client and family meetings, education sessions for community services, support group facilitation for people living with HD and their caregivers, collaboration with the Ottawa HD and Genetics clinics, casual part time staff supervision and advocacy.
- Degree (BSW/MSW) in social work or related field
- Valid registration with the Ontario College of Social Workers (or equivalent)
- 7-10 + years of experience in social work or related field
- Knowledge of provincial and local community services and programs available in all Eastern Ontario
- Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Ongoing follow-up with clients (e.g. phone, email, home visits)
- Facilitation of support groups for persons affected by HD and their caregivers
- Experience with progressive neurodegenerative diseases preferred
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving abstract and access to reliable transportation
- Clean criminal record and vulnerable sector check
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Proficiency in electronic record keeping and Microsoft Office programs
- Travel and participation in national team meetings (twice per year)
- Attendance at the biennial national conference held in different locations across Canada
- Regional travel within Eastern Ontario as needed
- Bilingualism (French/English) an asset
Qualified applicants are invited to send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please enter “Eastern Ontario Resource Centre Director” in the subject line of your email. Applications will be received until the position is filled.
Huntington Society of Canada is an equal opportunity employer and strives to ensure that its hiring process meets the needs of all persons with disabilities. As such, Huntington Society of Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for any applicant, as requested during the hiring process.
More search results
Social Worker - Permanent Full Time
Rainbow Valley Community Health Centre
Social Worker / Patient Navigator
City of Lakes Family Health Team (Sudbury)
Registered Social Worker
Eden Dales Social Work and Counselling Services
Parent Infant Therapist
Canadian Mothercraft Society