SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health (SickKids CCMH) is a community-based children’s mental health centre providing prevention, in-home support, day treatment, outpatient assessment and treatment and residential support to children ages birth to 18. SickKids CCMH is integrated with the Hospital for Sick Children (HSC) inpatient and ambulatory mental health services for children. As a stand-alone community-focused agency SickKids CCMH is working with the Hospital for Sick Children to create pathways to care that will ensure that children with mental health concerns and mental illness and their families are able to access the care they need in a timely fashion. SickKids CCMH is an accredited teaching facility affiliated with the University of Toronto.
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for providing intake services for the Centre, including collection of relevant information and materials, expedition of the client service pathway, and provision of referrals.
- Conducts intake interviews over the telephone and/or in person
- Collects detailed intake information following the requirements of the Intake Record
- Provides case management for clients requiring support up front during the intake phase of services
- With consent from prospective clients, accesses pertinent information from other professionals involved in client’s care when needed for triage purposes
- Strong understanding of all clinical services across the Centre
- Analyses intake information to determine triaging or disposition
- Support the development and implementation of workshops or groups as needed
- Identifies clients in crisis, and provides referrals to outside agencies and services in order to expedite client access to treatment services
- Work with Admin support to update client information within the computerized information tracking system
- Meets regularly with inter-professional intake team to review high risk clients
- Communicates with other agencies and community professionals to increase own and others’ knowledge regarding the range of mental health services available
- Provides back-up and assistance to other Centre staff as required
- Masters of Social Work, Bachelor of Social Work, College diploma in Child and Youth Counselor or Child and Youth Care
- Minimum of 1 year previous-related experience in community treatment services, with exposure to child health, development and/or clinical treatment programming.
- Knowledge of computer software and data base programs
- Social and multicultural sensitivity
- Skills in communication, interpretation, empathy, diplomacy and resourcefulness
- Demonstrated organizational skills; attentive listening, concentration and attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
In addition, the following are considered as assets:
- Current CPR/First aid and behavior management training
- Being bilingual in French and English is an asset (The ability to speak any second language is valued)
Interested applicants are asked to forward their résumés by December 20, 2018 to:
Human Resources – SickKids CCMH
FAX: (416) -633-7141 E-mail: email@example.com
Please quote position title & competition number in the subject heading of email.
Applications submitted after the closing date will be reviewed and kept on file, however to ensure consideration for the open position, please apply by closing date.
We are seeking applicants internally and externally
SickKids CCMH is committed to diversity and values inclusion. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups and others who may contribute to diversity within the Centre.
The Centre views diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence as essential pieces of an integrated whole that sustain our organization and guides our interaction within our diverse communities.
Reasonable accommodations are available during the recruitment process to job applicants with disabilities.
More search results
Child and Family Therapist- Multiple Positions
SickKids CCMH, formerly The Hincks Dellcrest Centre
Director of Professional Services and Quality Ass…
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
Bilingual Social Worker/Travailleur social biling…
Alzheimer Society of Durham Region
West Central Ontario Resource Centre Director
Huntington Society of Canada
Community Mental Health Counsellor
Riverside Health Care