Director of Professional Services and Quality Assurance - Psychosocial
- Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
- Eeyou Istchee Territory,
- Job Category
- Social Work
- Job Type
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Assistant Executive Director (AED) Miyupimaatisiiun the incumbent contributes to the assurance of the quality of services provided by the social worker and associated professional and paraprofessional staff, for the scope of the organization’s programs and services that involve social staff and their practice. This is carried out by ensuring the professional role of a Director of Psycho-Social services through integrated co-management relationships with the line and other staff/functional managements in the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB).
The incumbent achieves this leadership, planning, organization, coordination, support and control responsibility by:
- Contributing with others to the assurance of the strategic and tactical planning levels of the quality assurance function of professional practice standards, and programs and service design and delivery, for the scope of the organization’s programs and services;
- Contributing to the strategic planning for the social services related professional practice and standards (PP&S) and its programs and services design;
- Ensuring the tactical level planning of the professional/Clinical professional practice and standards objectives, programs, policies, procedures, protocols, clinical norms, and program and employee support tools, for all social well-being staff within integrated programs;
- Ensuring with others, the coordination, supervision and control of the policies for the supervision of the PP&S and clinical activities of the organization’s social well-being staff;
- Contributing through the leadership of the Director of Program Planning to program planning for the scope of the organization's services, and sitting as a member of the Program Planning committee;
- Contributing to the needs analysis and planning leadership of specific human resources management and development activities that impact professional standards, through a collaborative process with the respective social well-being related management and the Human Resources Department;
- Ensuring a collaborative planning and staff/functional programming support relationship with the management of the Community Miyupimaatisiiun Centres (CMC) and Regional Services;
- Providing various support to the Council of Multidisciplinary Workers;
- Ensuring the line management of the human, material, financial and information resources within his/her Department, with the functional collaboration of the Assistant Executive Director – Administration.
- Bachelors in social work;
- Masters degree in social work, an asset;
- Certificate or courses in administration, an asset.
- Member of l’Ordre des travailleurs sociaux et des thérapeutes conjugaux et familiaux du Québec.
Please note that applicants registered in the Cree Succession Plan may be considered for this position if they have sufficient university educational credits to be eligible for the management activities associated with this position.
- Four (4) years of related senior level program planning or management experience.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of the MSSS social practice, programs, laws, regulations, RUIS Network, orientations and trends, including CHSSC (formerly CLSC), hospital services, rehabilitation, mental health and dependencies, and public health;
- Strong knowledge of social services related theory, practice, current issues and trends, and program planning, professional standards and acts, quality assurance and supervision, including the development of policies and program manuals;
- Strong knowledge of the strategic planning of programs, integrated programming, multidisciplinary team design, professional and organizational interdependence, information management and evaluation;
- Ability to provide professional leadership to line management and staff;
- Good record in an appropriate level of professional services or programming line management or leadership, and; human, financial, and information resources management is an asset;
- Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation professional services programming;
- Knowledge of Nishiiyuu Miyupimaatisiiun (traditional healing and helping practices) is an asset;
- Ability to apply Eeyou (Cree) culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
- Knowledge of Cree culture, communities and language is an asset;
- Excellent critical thinking, decision-making, planning and organizational skills as applied to professional practice planning and implementation;
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership and teamwork skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader;
- Ability in administrative and statistical computer applications, and management information systems.
- Fluent in French and in English;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
- Willing to travel extensively and participate in required training.
More search results
SickKids CCMH, formerly The Hincks Dellcrest Centre
Child and Family Therapist- Multiple Positions
SickKids CCMH, formerly The Hincks Dellcrest Centre
Bilingual Social Worker/Travailleur social biling…
Alzheimer Society of Durham Region
West Central Ontario Resource Centre Director
Huntington Society of Canada
Community Mental Health Counsellor
Riverside Health Care