Position: Social Worker (CBT & DBT)
Status: Permanent Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Sector: Community – Family Health Team
LHIN: Central West Local Health Integration Network (CW LHIN)
Region: Peel Region
Anticipated Start Date: TBD
Queen Square Family Health Team (QSFHT) provides interdisciplinary primary care and we offer a wide range of services and programs. Our vision is to provide evidence-based, timely, integrated, interdisciplinary care that is of the highest quality.
Recognizing that mental illness and distress can lead to poorer health, shorter life expectancy, and poorer health-related quality of life, Queen Square FHT offers mental health/ Social Work services to support patients who have mild to moderate mental illness. To bridge the gap in the availability of psychotherapy services in the community, Queen Square FHT is in the process of developing a Mental Health Integrated Care program that serves patients who have moderate to severe mental illness/ personality disorders utilizing the therapeutic approaches of CBT/ DBT.
The program is envisioned to be a novel model of primary mental healthcare, person-centered evidence based, interdisciplinary and is integrated in the community through collaborative partnerships with community service providers.
QSFHT is currently seeking a registered social worker to work within the existing mental health team and the newly funded Mental Health Integrated Care Program. The purpose of these positions is to offer psychotherapy for patients who have moderate to severe mental illness/ personality disorders and work with the community partners to provide integrated care that supports the rehabilitation of the patient and their reintegration in the community. You will support individuals with a range of complex problems for which CBT/ DBT are demonstrated to be clinically effective. Clients will be referred by their primary health care providers or community partners.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience in the delivery of Cognitive Behavioral & Dialectical Behavior group therapy is required
- Clinical social work experience working with adults with chronic depressive disorders, bipolar disorder, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia and personality disorders
- MSW from a recognized program in clinical social work
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a hospital-based or primary care clinical team, registration with respective College of Social Workers & Social Service Workers of Ontario in good standing & meeting legislative and College regulatory requirements to perform the controlled act of psychotherapy
- Proof of professional liability insurance
- Undergraduate degree in Social Work or Psychology or relevant discipline
- Experience working as part of a multi/interdisciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Skills in critical thinking skills and clinical decision making
- Demonstrated experience and skills in use of computer technology for clinical care
Reporting to the Executive Director, and working within his/her full scope of practice, the Registered Social Worker will:
- conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments of adults with known / suspected moderate to severe psychiatric disorders
- provide evidence based psychotherapies – in particular individual and/or group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy & Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- system/ resource navigation and case management coordinating care for patients as needed
- liaise with community providers as needed to support implementation of clinical plan conduct risk assessments pertaining to suicidal ideation/behavior & /or self-harm
- conduct collateral interviews with families / caregivers regarding psychosocial functioning as appropriate
- administer and score of psychometric measures for screening purposes under the clinical supervision of the psychologist
- contribute to the case formulation and development of the team’s integrated plan of care
- provide clinical interventions designed to promote community integration and symptom recovery
- document clinical care activities in the patient’s EMR
- contribute to program planning, implementation and evaluation of mental health program
- collect data as required for statistical reporting purposes
- participate in team building, program development and quality improvement activities
- participate in team, program and FHT wide meetings
- adhere to organizational policies
- Support and contribute to a healthy work place that embraces lifelong learning, diversity, clinical teamwork, privacy, and adherence to professional standards of practice.
Queen Square Family Health Team offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental benefits (not for maternity leave coverage). We also offer an attractive and rewarding work environment.
Queen Square Family Health Team is an equal opportunity employer. We are situated in a multi-cultural neighborhood and are committed to attracting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce who will work together to create & sustain a vibrant, healthy, safe and caring community.
Queen Square Family Health Team welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In Accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Queen Square Family Health Team* will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request.*
Contact Information: Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed cover letter and resume in one document.
Please include the following reference in the subject line: SW-112018
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note any telephone/ email inquiries related to this role won’t be accepted.
More search results
SickKids CCMH, formerly The Hincks Dellcrest Centre
Child and Family Therapist- Multiple Positions
SickKids CCMH, formerly The Hincks Dellcrest Centre
Director of Professional Services and Quality Ass…
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
Bilingual Social Worker/Travailleur social biling…
Alzheimer Society of Durham Region
West Central Ontario Resource Centre Director
Huntington Society of Canada