Manager, Family Services
Jewish Family & Child is a Family Service and Children's Aid Society supporting the healthy development of individuals, children, and families through prevention, protection, counselling, education and advocacy services within the context of Jewish values. With a staff of more than 120, we are committed to making a difference, measuring impact and supporting the needs of the Jewish and broader communities in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) and York Region through three key outcome areas: Increasing Safety and Security, Improving Mental Health and Wellness and Reducing the Effects of Poverty.
We are seeking a Manager of Family Services to join our team; reporting to the Director of Service.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL…..
- Lead, manage and develop a strong team of workers with complementary skills with a focus on children’s mental health; program delivery; volunteer management and pre-school programming
- Oversee, approve and monitor the caseload of workers ensuring judicious distribution of cases across the team
- Ensure that all service delivery is effective, efficient and responsive through the direct provision of services to clients in line with case management and other plans
- Ensure the Family Resource Centre provides responsive and dynamic programming as per its mandate including pre-school drop in; homework club and conversation café.
- Ensure the Family Life Education Program is responsive, managed well and resourced appropriately.
- Ensure the LGBTQ Program is managed well and is integrated into the overall work of the agency. Ensure clients receive financial, resource, clinical and other services as per agency guidelines in an equitable manner
- Review and approve financial expenditures and program expenses according to organizational protocols.
- Ensure the volunteer department is well resourced, abides by all legislation and mandates and meets the needs of the agency and its clients.
- Ensure the team has the necessary tools and resources to deliver the highest quality services
- Facilitate the success of workers, recognizing achievements and addressing performance related matters
- Communicate and follow through with Agency objectives, directions, initiatives and strategic goals to the team
- Participate as a member of the Agency’s management team to ensure the highest level of client service and continuity of service for clients
- Ensure the operation of a safe and clean and well maintained workplace promoting excellent client service
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Master’s Social Work or other Human Service field.
- 5 years directly related experience in a managerial position or above in social services
- Member in OCCSWSSW in good standing
- Advanced understanding and experience working with clients from diverse backgrounds with mental health and other challenges and an ability to help employees develop competence in this area
- Interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy and the ability to work with a variety of styles and manage conflict productively.
- Strong planning and organization skills
- Commitment to professional service delivery to clients
- Positively challenge and inspire employees to rise to their highest values and best work.
Jewish Family & Child is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Child Protection Worker Career Opportunities
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Wellness Counsellor & Coordinator
University of TorontoScarborough
Manager, Health and Wellness Centre
University of TorontoScarborough
Craigwood Children, Youth & Family Services
Social Worker (MSW)- Contract
Georgian Nurse Practitioner Led Clinic