- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Multiple locations in BC
- Job Category
- Social Work
- Job Type
BC Public Service
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Multiple Positions and Locations available in British Columbia
Child Protection Worker (Growth)
Consider Joining a Team Dedicated to Providing Critical Social Services
Salary $53,339.83 - $70,367.02 annually
The Ministry of Children and Family Development (MCFD) promotes and develops the capacity of families and communities to care for and protect vulnerable children and youth, and supports healthy child and family development to maximize the potential of every child in B.C. The Ministry is responsible for regional and province-wide delivery of services and programs that support positive and healthy outcomes for children, youth and their families.
Dedicated ministry social workers make a positive difference in the lives of thousands of children and families in B.C. Each year, ministry services reach about 155,000 children and families, representing approximately 17 per cent of all B.C. children and youth. These are some of the most vulnerable children in B.C., often facing a range of complex challenges.
Working for the BC Public Service includes engaging in rewarding work with real career development opportunities and receiving a benefits package that helps support you in finding work/life balance. For more information, please visit What We Offer.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor of Social Work, Masters of Social Work, or Bachelor of Arts in Child and Youth Care OR
- Masters in Educational Counselling/Masters Clinical Psychology with completion of a practicum in family and child welfare.
- A Candidate’s credentials may be considered equivalent when the candidate has a Social Work degree; is registered and a member in good standing with the BC College of Social Workers.
- Employee applicants who are fully delegated (C6 Delegation) will be considered as equivalent to the above criteria.
- Preference may be given to applicants with previous recent work experience (within last 5 years) in Child Protection.
- Preference may be given to applicants with the Child Welfare Specialization from an accredited British Columbia university and who have completed their practicum in a child welfare setting.
- Due to the nature of the position, preference may be given to applicants who have Indigenous heritage (First Nations, Metis or Inuit).
To learn more about this opportunity and to apply by November 23, 2018, please visit:
More search results
December 6th Fund Support Worker
Manager, Member Engagement & Outreach
Ontario Association of Social Workers
Shelter Support Worker, Women's Homeless Shelter
Awake Overnight Shelter Support Worker, Women's H…
SOCIAL WORKER / SERVICE PLANNING COORDINATOR
THRIVE Child Development Centre