Russian Speaking Holocaust Services Social Worker
Jewish Family & Child is a multi-service, client-centered agency, and a Children’s Aid Society supporting the healthy development of individuals, children, and families; we are seeking a Social Worker – Holocaust Services for coverage of a maternity leave.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL….
- Provide assessment, case management and supportive counselling to Holocaust survivors and their families.
- Maintain a solid understanding of all services available to Holocaust Survivors including but not limited to HSEAP, Restitution, Alpha Omega Dental services, Café Europa. Assess for eligibility, communicate requirements and assist with applications.
- Assist client to apply for Restitution and correspond with agencies involved in restitution claims i.e. Claims Conference, German and Polish Governments.
- Process HSEAP applications as per Claims Conference and Agency guidelines.
- Identify changing client needs and develop interventions collaboratively with client and/or family.
- Improve client access to resources by providing information, advocacy and referrals for government programs, Agency and community resources and healthcare supports.
- Understand and apply current norms of practice in geriatric social work and best practices in trauma informed care.
- Work collaboratively with program partners such as Claims Conference, Circle of Care, UJA as well as other service providers to ensure seamless provision of Holocaust Survivor services.
- Maintain accurate and timely client related documentation and records as per Agency protocols, Claims Conference guidelines and College standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Masters of Social Work preferred
- Member of OCSWSSW in good standing
- Minimum 3 years related clinical experience with seniors and their families
- Work experience with survivors of trauma; expertise working with Holocaust
- survivors strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of Jewish history, culture, community needs and resources – a strong asset
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Fluency in Russian required – speaking and written comprehension
- Fluency in Hebrew and/or Polish/Yiddish/German is an asset
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills
Jewish Family & Child is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment. Accommodations during all phases of the hire process will be made wherever possible. Please advise us if any accommodations are required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.