Thrive Program Case Manager
- Community Health Centre - Trenton, Ontario
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Social Work
- Job Type
Belleville and Quinte West Community Health Centre
9-Month Maternity Leave Contract
Belleville & Quinte West Community Health Centre (BQWCHC) is a community-based primary health care organization that provides community-focused health promotion, illness prevention and comprehensive primary health care services. We work from a health equity perspective, prioritizing people and communities who face systemic barriers to accessing services and healthcare. The Centre has a vision for a healthier community where all people have access to quality care and services delivered with respect.
As part of an inter-disciplinary team Nurse Practitioners provide comprehensive primary care services to clients at all ages and stages of the life cycle with an emphasis on those who are high risk and/or are experiencing barriers to accessing services.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Clinical services – performs assessments, diagnosis, treatments, health education / counselling and other medical functions based on appropriate standards of practice
- Continuity of Care – conducts home visits as required and provides on call support
- Equity & client-centered approach – works with clients, and engages with other services, in a manner that is mindful of the whole person/community within a social context and impacted by social determinants of health
- Quality Improvement – participates in quality assurance practices consistent with evidence- based best practice guidelines
- Teamwork – works collaboratively as a member of the interdisciplinary team
- Administrative – contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical protocols and directives
- Mentoring – supports and evaluates medical students and medical residents
- RN (EC) license to practice from College of Nurses of Ontario
- Primary health care experience, preferably in a community setting
- Experience working effectively with communities and individuals who face barriers accessing traditional health care institutions; experience with clients with mental health and addictions preferred
- Demonstrated excellent problem-solving, organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively and respectfully in a collaborative, interdisciplinary team environment with clients posing significant complexity
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients in a manner that can be effectively understood practicing active listening skills to understand client needs and coaching of clients as collaborative partners in their health care
- Work hours include one evening shift per week and participation in “on call” roster
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter electronically to email@example.com by November 16th, 2018 at 5 pm. Within the subject line of your email, please indicate the position title for which you are applying. BQWCHC is an equal opportunity employer. If you require accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 613-962-0000 x 204. For more information visit our website at www.bqwchc.com. We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.