Clinical Social Worker to work at CFB Petawawa
The mental health team at CFB Petawawa is seeking a full time Clinical Social Worker to join the team and provide mental health support exclusively to serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
Are you looking for a rewarding position where you can make a difference? Join our mental health team and work alongside a mental health team consisting of Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Addictions Counsellors, and Clinical Social Workers.
• Collaborative Shared-Care Model
• Motivated Clients
• Time for Administrative Duties
• Range of Presenting Issues
Key Duties Include:
• Conducting intakes and completing bio-psychosocial assessments for a wide range of presenting issues such as work related stress, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, suicide ideation, relationship struggles, family stress, somatic complaints, personality disorders and PTSD
• Providing treatment through a variety of approaches including individual therapy, couples therapy, and group treatment therapy followed by evaluation of the treatment and therapeutic outcome
• Presenting the clients’ care with recommendations to the inter-disciplinary healthcare teams to develop an individualized treatment plan
• Facilitating educational activities and group interventions such as pre-deployment briefings, psychosocial services overview presentations, and group psycho-education sessions
• Creating and maintaining confidential client reports on treatment services
To be eligible for this position you must meet the following three requirements:
1. Must have a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Social Work from a recognized university
2. Must have a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience with an adult population administering assessments, creating treatment plans, and delivering counselling services for individuals, couples, and groups.
3. Must hold a current membership certificate as a Registered Social Worker with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
Type of assignment: Full Time, 37.5 hours per week Clinic Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm
Calian values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Calian is committed to being responsive to the diverse needs of its members, employees, and others, by striving to prevent and remove systemic barriers. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and we welcome applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression and others who may contribute to diversity of our organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request.